Underwater observations - rudd, perch & tech

Steve Walker

Looks like the camera choices are getting better all the time but i would hesitate chucking 2 50 quid notes to the horizon

Still its a far better choice than my little mobius in a waterproof case and far better than a go pro .

Whats the picture like out of the water ,my brain doesnt work fast enough to freeze the frame in the vids

Why didnt i spot it when i bought my cam ,the first 3 went back as they fell far short of the stated specs ,the mobius exceeds them but not suitable for dunking but in a case ok for tentative paddling

Trouble is the better quality footage you record the bigger the upload ,several gb for an hour or so at my 1.5mbs upload isnt worth bothering with

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The cost of the thing does make me a little apprehensive about how I use it - usually on heavy braid, with the lead attached by light mono in case it gets snagged.

still been trying to find out if these cameras are tether rigs when used the way they are meant to and baited up for pike/carp. I cant suss it out and im not about to buy one to find out.

somethin tells me all that safety pish gets flung out the window when the thought of losing the camera crops up. im not a fan of these and if inclined would not have one attached to a baited rod. :uhuh:

Steve do you think its a lack of weed/cover not making the tench hang around ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Looks a pretty good picture and theres no need for a wide angle lens and its distortion .

My mobius is pretty good and software driven for alternative lenses but for me and my love of practicality all parts are replaceable

My biggest problem was size ,i wanted to wear it but not walk about like a pillock (i do that already) so size and lightness then battery life was my concern.

Out of its waterproof case its small enough to velcro to the rim of my hat and not be noticed except talking to someone.

Its 131 degrees though so using it metal detecting looking down its most strange with barrel distortion but in the remote control plane circles highly regarded ,for longer use you stick a usb power source up its bum and it will happily run until the cards full

Hmm i might poke it towards the heavens tonight to see if it can get a meteorite it has time lapse as well

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

That's exactly the problem with these fish, Andy; you can't get them to settle and feed confidently, they move in, grab a bite, bugger off again. I don't think they're being spooked by the rig, they just aren't getting their heads down to feed properly. Not like when you can get several fish confidently bubbling away, they're just not feeding hard.

I have a suspicion that they are largely nocturnal at the moment, but have not had the chance to test this with an overnighter; I did turn up for one only to find a notice on the gate saying there was a match the next day 8-11, which meant I couldn't fish through the night.

Thought about potting in some joker? Be interesting to find out if that gets their heads down (or if it just gets mopped up rapid-style by everything else).

One of these days I'm going to pack a feeder with live tubifex and fish a small worm on the hook.

Thought about potting in some joker? Be interesting to find out if that gets their heads down (or if it just gets mopped up rapid-style by everything else).

One of these days I'm going to pack a feeder with live tubifex and fish a small worm on the hook.

a big bag of cheap 2mm pellets catapulted in quite regularly. does the trick for me keeping them in the swim but as always there is an exception

Brilliant and i wont be long before you can see it live once they can design some bit of kit that can transmit through the water .

Easy in air my cam has live out but it needs a separate transmitter to get it back to the observer on the ground ,far harder in water but in a few years.......

Brilliant and i wont be long before you can see it live once they can design some bit of kit that can transmit through the water .

Easy in air my cam has live out but it needs a separate transmitter to get it back to the observer on the ground ,far harder in water but in a few years.......

wouldnt be hard to do imo, an aerial type attachment with a bouy