Lawnchair Balloonist

severus

The man is nuts maybe but it does sorta sound like it could be fun.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I notice at the bottom of the page there is a link to a Wind-Up LED Camplight, The Perfect Apocalypse Appliance.

It is hard to imagine the 'Apocalypse' angle influencing sales here. We don't think of Armagedon much and if we do we probably hardly ever consider our post-apocalypse lighting needs.

As always, I love the US/UK contrast.

Edited by Ian FG

We don't think of Armagedon much and if we do we probably hardly ever consider our post-apocalypse lighting needs.

Odds are that chesters1 is fully prepared with all sorts of lighting options and gadgets.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You've probably all read this before but I can no longer read or hear the word Armagedon without being reminded of this:

In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to retrieve the Gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski and his homosexual partner Andrew (Kiki) Farnom, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong. "I pushed a cardboard tube up his rectum and slipped Raggot, our gerbil, in." he explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out 'Armageddon,' my cue that he'd had enough. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he wouldn't come out again, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking that the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman described what happened next. "The match ignited a pocket of intestinal gas and a flame shot out of the tubing, igniting Mr. Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out like a cannonball." Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnom suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract.

Phil Davis

We don't own this world - we've only borrowed it from our children.

You've probably all read this before but I can no longer read or hear the word Armagedon without being reminded of this:

Great story! Obviously untrue, though (who would really call a gerbil "Raggot"??):

http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/gerbil.asp

It's the second account on the page, so you need to scroll down a bit. :)

I believe there is also a video version on YouTube where the story is read out by an American newsman who can hardly contain his laughter.

Phil Davis

We don't own this world - we've only borrowed it from our children.