good baits for french carp

damien

hi

i am goin to the mirror pool fishery in france soon and it will be my first time french carp fishing and i am undicided on the bait i should take i was thinking of taking the quantum cyber boilies in hot shrimp flavour i would be glad of the advice if you could tell me if you have had good catch records with these boilies or if you know of any other good baits thanks.

hi rob thanks for the reply do u know of any tackle shops which sell the quantum cyber boilies coz i cant seem to find any as my local tackle shop is closing down they dont provide them no more :(

No but what's so special about them - I've never heard of them ? You're best off taking fresh baits though than shelf lives - assuming you can keep them cool (ideally frozen). That said I took fresh baits on my last 2 trips and the carp were happily eating them all week in both cases, despite them being left out in the fresh air all week ! I'd advise you stick with a reputable named manufacturer but if you know the above are good then that should be fine.

Rob.

hi rob

http://www.zebco-europe.net/zebco/index.ph...=174&lang=2

that site will tell you all about that boilie range they are a product of browning thanks for all the advice, but could you advise me on what groundbait tends to work well for you and i am thinking of using the method feeder so for a weeks fishing how much would u think that i wud need thank.

I don't really use groundbait much - at least not with much success. I would much rather fish over hemp, but for that you'll need to spod at any sort of range - which is fine if you have the right rod setup as spods tend to be very heavy.

Don't also forget that if you use a feeder and groundbait you may well pull in lots of nuisance fish, such as bream. You may not but leave your options open and don't fish all rods in the same manner would be my advice. It's always best to tip toe in and fish each rod differently and change all rods onto the method that's producing - at least that's always been my preferred method (and most productive).

Rob.

hi rob

thanks for the advice the thing what attracted me to these boilies is that i know that they are packed with amino acids apparently more so than other boilies and i know that must b good for the fishing coz it is good for the fish so i thought that they wud do the natural thing and eat to grow, also i find the amino flavour and fishmeal type groundbait normally brings in the fish for me :D

Hi Damien, living in France as I do! The only advice I can offer is ask the lake owner!! They will usually sell baits that the fish are USED to feeding on and so will ideally be the best baits to take should you wish. BUT check the cost before you do and certainly take your own. BUT take some larger boilies as well as opposed to say 10mm. But ask the lake owner!

As I suspected, he actually TELLS you!!

http://www.mirrorpool.co.uk/bait.htm

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

hi chris

i knew of the pellets it also say that sweetcorn is a good bait too but i thought if all the anglers are using these baits the fish may be put off, and that is y i was asking if any one knew of other good baits to use, basicsly show the carp sime thing different and hopfully they will go crazy for it :thumbs:

thanks for the replys

p.s lucky man living in france with all those big carp :P