good baits for french carp

damien

All I can say is MOST anglers will use the onsite baits to catch fish in my limited experience. BUT if you really want to catch fish use FRESH boilies!! Give Ian at Heathrow baits a call and ask him about shelf life boilies!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

hi chris

thanks for the advice i think what i will do is take the recamended bait sweetcorn and buy the pellets but also take some fresh boilies and try them both :) and then which ever bait tends to catch more fish (if any)lol switch completly to that

Friends of mine that go do say that in some lakes your boilie can be attacked by Crayfish, if this becomes a problem they tell me that the use of Rose hip flavoured boilies is a successful antidote. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

hi rob

thanks for the advice the thing what attracted me to these boilies is that i know that they are packed with amino acids apparently more so than other boilies and i know that must b good for the fishing coz it is good for the fish so i thought that they wud do the natural thing and eat to grow, also i find the amino flavour and fishmeal type groundbait normally brings in the fish for me :D

How do you know that a bait full of 'amino acids' must be good for the fish? What is 'amino flavour'? Amino acids do not exist in isolation in nature, they are found inside living organisms. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and other molecules. They also serve as chemical messengers within cells, eg neurotransmitters.

Loads more about amino acids here.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

hi

i am fairly new to boilie fishing and i was reading an advert for a boilie i guess i must of just read it wrong :wallbash: lol and to the other reply there are only a few crawfish and the owner say it will b ok to use small or soft baits so i am not worrying about that to much.

thanks