killing our course fish [poles]

chalky632007

hi with cheep slave labour hitting this country i see our carp/tench /bream/ pike . are under attack from polish people what can we do about this, they are eating everything, was even talking to one of them [in very good english] he said in warsaw all the fish have gone and the same will happen in the uk. :wallbash::blink::schmoll:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OI OI,

There is nothing that can be done because THEY know it's illegal but they work for button's & then send most of it back home as for stopping them taking fish it's THEIR stable diet in poland & they fish while were all tucked up in bed,

I know someone who work's in a sandwhich shop who passe's any food or sarnies on to a member of my family on a sat lunch time who in turn takes it to work (night shift) just to feed them.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Nice to see that bigotism is still alive and well in the country off my birth. When I was wee it was Proddies or Papes but now it seems like the Poles are getting a wee bit too.

First of all I'd like to point out (yet again) that Poles are EU Citizens and have every right to come and work here. If any are 'working for peanuts', and that 'peanuts' is less than the STATUTORY Minimum Wage then blame the UK firm that is exploiting them.

I don't remember it being any kind of crime to keep coarse fish for the pot North of the border. I like perch and I used to always bring a couple of big uns back from Loch Awe or Loch Lomond. A lot of people thought that I was 'mad' for eating perch, but nobody ever complained.

Last, but not least don't forget that Polish soldiers and airmen fought on our side during the WW2. From Operation Overlord to the Battle of Britain there were Poles fighting on our side. The RAF had fifteen Polish Squadrons, 302 Squadron, 303 Squadron, 315 Squadron being some of the more notable, but there were many more.

Strange what short memories we all have.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I TOTALLY agree with you Cory, but SOME of these lads and lasses are doing this ILLEGALLY are they not?

And I think although the post WAS badly posed perhaps? It is in essence correct? Certain persons ARE depriving the public at large of certain species of fish?

Mind you, having said that FRANCE seems to manage quite well thank you!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

So once again the problem is being cloaked with `well, they fought with us` and `they`re part of the EU`.

Whats wrong with actually addressing the problem?

Ok, taking coarse fish for the pot is not illegal. Neither is having a wee in public on the rear nearside wheel of your car should you be caught short. Maybe we should fine all the London cabbies for not keeping a bale of hay in their car boots, or drag folks through the court for not practising archery on a Sunday. Actually, if I went and murdered a Welsh bloke in Hereford cathedral would I still get away with it?

Times change and so do perception of rules and laws. The situation we now face is totally wrong and needs to be solved. We`re always banging on about educating people, maybe its about time that we realised that the only way to stop valuable fish being taken for the pot is by fining and possibly jailing people.

We pay the EA and I think they need to get off their backsides and do something to protect our sport. Hell, the ACA probably have more success in prosecuting polluters than the EA and thats a much smaller organisation.

I saw the advert on Discovery this morning threatening up to £2500 fine for fishing without a licence. Why not enforce this a bit more? The EA can`t squirm out of it by claiming they don`t have the funds. You don`t need to be Steven Hawking to work out that even one £500 fine a day will go a long way to paying the wages of a dedicated licence officer. Put one in each area and as well as helping to nail the offenders you will have the visual deterrent of regular EA patrols.

If the EA get the police and explain to them that they want back up should there be poachers on lakes. Make them aware that its not just another issue they can sweep under the carpet.

As a licence payer I have previously had no probem with coughing up the ever increasing amount to fish legally. I just think that we`re now being sold short with what we`re actualy getting for our money. The EA need to come up to date with their policies and protect the fishing that we pay for.

It would be as good as a self funding branch of the EA so why the hell they won`t act is beyond me.

As for our Eastern European friends taking fish for the pot............I`m sure if I was in India and decided to kill a cow for a juicy bit of meat my excuse of `well, we gave you the Raj` wouldn`t go very far.......

The time for excuses has passed, its about time we had some action.

Edited by Severn Wolf
wolf.gif

So once again the problem is being cloaked with `well, they fought with us` and `they`re part of the EU`.

Whats wrong with actually addressing the problem?

Ok, taking coarse fish for the pot is not illegal. Neither is having a wee in public on the rear nearside wheel of your car should you be caught short. Maybe we should fine all the London cabbies for not keeping a bale of hay in their car boots, or drag folks through the court for not practising archery on a Sunday. Actually, if I went and murdered a Welsh bloke in Hereford cathedral would I still get away with it?

Times change and so do perception of rules and laws. The situation we now face is totally wrong and needs to be solved. We`re always banging on about educating people, maybe its about time that we realised that the only way to stop valuable fish being taken for the pot is by fining and possibly jailing people.

We pay the EA and I think they need to get off their backsides and do something to protect our sport. Hell, the ACA probably have more success in prosecuting polluters than the EA and thats a much smaller organisation.

I saw the advert on Discovery this morning threatening up to £2500 fine for fishing without a licence. Why not enforce this a bit more? The EA can`t squirm out of it by claiming they don`t have the funds. You don`t need to be Steven Hawking to work out that even one £500 fine a day will go a long way to paying the wages of a dedicated licence officer. Put one in each area and as well as helping to nail the offenders you will have the visual deterrent of regular EA patrols.

If the EA get the police and explain to them that they want back up should there be poachers on lakes. Make them aware that its not just another issue they can sweep under the carpet.

As a licence payer I have previously had no probem with coughing up the ever increasing amount to fish legally. I just think that we`re now being sold short with what we`re actualy getting for our money. The EA need to come up to date with their policies and protect the fishing that we pay for.

It would be as good as a self funding branch of the EA so why the hell they won`t act is beyond me.

As for our Eastern European friends taking fish for the pot............I`m sure if I was in India and decided to kill a cow for a juicy bit of meat my excuse of `well, we gave you the Raj` wouldn`t go very far.......

The time for excuses has passed, its about time we had some action.

The difference Mr Wolf is that the original poster was posting from Scotland. AFAIK there is NOTHING illegal about taking coarse fish for the pot in Scotland. There is NO rod licence in Scotland. As long as they are taking wild coarse fish they are not breaking any law.

Southampton probably has more Poles than anywhere else in the UK, we have Polish Restaurants and food shops popping up all over the City, both my neighbours are Polish and to be honest I would rather have my Polish neighbours than the English chavs that were there before them, at least they are polite and their kids don't run riot all over the place.

PS

I don't think that there are many Indians who would thank us for 'giving them the Raj'.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Then he is a stirring GIT and deserves to be pulled through with a pineapple???? :lol:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

As for our Eastern European friends taking fish for the pot............I`m sure if I was in India and decided to kill a cow for a juicy bit of meat my excuse of `well, we gave you the Raj` wouldn`t go very far.......The time for excuses has passed, its about time we had some action.

Is it now all coarse fish that are worshipped as holy SW. I thought it was just carp that had reached that status! :o

We're off again on the eating coarse fish 'debate'.

My views are well known by those who have read my past posts, but for those of you who haven't.

If it's done legally, then we have nothing to moan about, I too have "vandalised" a few waters in my time. ;)

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I TOTALLY agree with you Cory, but SOME of these lads and lasses are doing this ILLEGALLY are they not?
Not in Scotland Chris, unless the law has changed since I lived there. In Scotland no law is being broken if you take wild coarse fish. Taking them from a lake in a public park or from a private fishery or lake would be different.

So I am a "Vandal" too?? That will surprise the Grandson!!!! :lol:

See the last post then for an answer Cory!! :lol:

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard