killing our course fish [poles]

chalky632007

Hello from ova THEER!!! And yes I WAS a "norvener" before I found the LIGHT!! :lol:

(John!!! POT, KETTLE? BLACK spring to mind??)

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from ova THEER!!! And yes I WAS a "norvener" before I found the LIGHT!! :lol:

(John!!! POT, KETTLE? BLACK spring to mind??)

Chris, a 'norvener', now living in FRANCE, that's something chesters can REALLY get his teeth into. ;)

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Not while I STILL draw breath!!! :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

blimey mate its open to norveners you cant get more foreign than that ,and they speak funny too :D

Ave to agree wiv dat. They don't speeck the same as us lot dowwwn souarf, an tehy cant sppeel.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

BUDGIE they're entirely fair points for you to raise..

I'll keep an open mind on Europeans taking potentially dangerous amounts of native fish until I see something that changes my mind. There's rouge elements to all cultures and I think it's a little un-fair to broadly blame Polish people whom to date, I've found to be especially decent, quiet and honest people.

Nobody has yet come forth and stated 'I have seen Polish people netting hundreds of fish from my local lake'.

It does reek a bit, of scaremongering.

I split my time between working in London and fishing in Norfolk and Suffolk. My house in London is right by the Regents Canal which runs through East London, which is not a paticularly well to do area and one which has probably the highest number of Polish, Eastern Baltic and Eastern European people living in it.

It's rare to see people of any nationality fishing at all, let alone hauling out reams on Roach on long lines.

The second query you raised, would be a bit naughty on my part. But there was a prosecution in the Norwich courts 2 or 3 years ago of a two men caught red handed by the police with a van full of Roach not far from the Herbert Woods boatyard in Potter Heigham. They got done for illegal fish movement and handed fines of around £500 each.

The part about un-branded polythene bags might just be a little conjecture of my own. But thinking back, 3 frozen Roach for a pound with no company names or addresses on the packaging does seem a little fishy if you could pardon the inappropriate pun. The baits if I remember were of a paticularly poor standard.

I don't know of a legit business that fails to advertise.

Also I arrived at a boatyard in Brundall on the river Yare at around 6-6.30 one January morning 4 years ago ish to collect a boat for a days piking. As I pulled into the yard car park there was a lot of noise next to a yard on the opposite bank, some slamming of van doors and a sharp exit. Upon returning at around 3.30 as I motored down the dykes I noticed a number of battered dead Roach floating then as I neared the bank close to where the van was parked in the morning they were scales everywhere. A definite case of large scale fish netting.

The boat yards in the Winter are an easy target as most have good vehicule access to the bank, very few residients close by and anything up to 70% of the rivers shoal fish in them.

I found this article on the general theme from Enoch Powells favourite daily rag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

If you read three quaters of the way through there's even mention of the Broadland poaching. Blamed on Polish people. When later it was almost certainly proved to be a 100% English crime.

It's good and healthy thing that we take our fishing seriously but you can't half tell we live on an Island.

Edited by dant

Guest tigger

If a tenth of anglers took home their fish for the pot there would be ball all left to fish for in 2yrs!

If I ever see a Poll killing fish I'll ...................................

If a tenth of anglers took home their fish for the pot there would be ball all left to fish for in 2yrs!

If I ever see a Poll killing fish I'll ...................................

Can you cite any evidence to support your claim?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

OK, So I own a staff agency, many of my staff are from eastern Europe, Most work for the minimum wage, some have had promotions and earn better money. all are excellent staff and generally nice people.

all pay rent in the UK , all buy food and Clothes, some send some money home (as do most Brits that work overseas) and some don't, so who ever was moaning about not spending the money in the UK needs to be a bit more educated on the subject before making incorrect statements.

How Many Brits live in Spain,, France etc.. I bet its a smiler number to the eastern Europeans in the UK.

With regards to taking fish, I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion, I have over 80 EE Staff, non of them fish, I know because I have offered to take anyone who wants to go fishing a trip with me to show them the ropes.

I lived in Latvia for 7 years and fished with many Latvians, most keep fish for the pot, Only small pike were kept as they were ideal for eating, larger fish were put back, Rudd, Roach and bream were returned most of the time ( some were kept for the cat), Tench and Carp were kept. Perch were the favorite target as these were consider the best eating.

I can say that the fishing was great and did not seem to be effected by the taking of fish.

Most EE Try to fit into the UK way of life, if they are taking fish its only because this is what they are used to at home, a little eduction is all that is needed. I think you will find that most if not all will respond well to a little encouragement and friendly help.

Please I am sick of this country's attitude to new EU members you should hear some of the crap that gets said to me.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

i was speaking to a tackle retailer at the boot fair today says his trade has quadrupled in the last year ,the "english" buy the odd reel or rod but foreigners (his words not mine) are buying combo's at a rapid rate (he had run out of his last 10 tele rods and reels in the first hour today) that could be good for clubs having an inrush of new members on the other hand it may not be so good if they are freelancing.

his display also has cheap but useable landing nets but he rarely sells those!

he didnt have any intrepids either :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

How Many Brits live in Spain,, France etc.. I bet its a smiler number to the eastern Europeans in the UK.

Erm I DO!! And to be fair I don't know of ANYONE money home!! FAR too many NICE things to spend it on here!! IN FRANCE!!!! And to be perfectly truthful the reaosn I left the UK WAS partly because of all the Eu nationals enteing the country legally and the ones from the east who are NOT!! And I make no particular seceret of it.

Having said that I grew up with a family of NATURALISED Polish people and yes, they WERE ok. But a neighbour of mine who was Latvian (Old polish) Hated the NEW polish people with a vengance!! It just goes to prove it takes all sorts!! BUT please is there ANY need to be out and out rude to each other??

Chris Goddard