killing our course fish [poles]

chalky632007

The simple fact is that there is a genuine problem with the current wave of both legal and illegal European immigrants fishing (often illegally) for the pot.

The EA and other statutory bodies are failing to police and to prosecute.

Even if prosecutions were to be bought, the sentences would be laughable.

Anglers, walkers and other people are seeing what is going on or hearing about it from friends and people are starting to get upset and angry.

As a result, peple that I know and who I would not normally consider to be racist are saying some very unpleasant things about Poles and other EE's and we have a succession of threads like this one.

Is this the result of deep seated racism that is only now bubling up ? I don't think so, the lack of policing and prosecutions is causing normally sensible people to feel a sence of injustice and if left to fester, you will have a lot of people with a major axe to grind.

The solution is simple. The EA needs to recruit some staff and some lawyers and do it's ruddy job.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever see a Poll killing fish I'll ...................................

I'm not sure how a poll could kill a fish, perhaps by boring it to death with multiple choices?

Rich

The simple fact is that there is a genuine problem with the current wave of both legal and illegal European immigrants fishing (often illegally) for the pot.

The EA and other statutory bodies are failing to police and to prosecute.

Even if prosecutions were to be bought, the sentences would be laughable.

Anglers, walkers and other people are seeing what is going on or hearing about it from friends and people are starting to get upset and angry.

As a result, peple that I know and who I would not normally consider to be racist are saying some very unpleasant things about Poles and other EE's and we have a succession of threads like this one.

Is this the result of deep seated racism that is only now bubling up ? I don't think so, the lack of policing and prosecutions is causing normally sensible people to feel a sence of injustice and if left to fester, you will have a lot of people with a major axe to grind.

The solution is simple. The EA needs to recruit some staff and some lawyers and do it's ruddy job.

But Ken, the if you look at the original post that started this topic off you will see that it was posted by a Scot, living in Scotland. There is No Rod License in Scotland and the taking of course fish is on the whole perfectly legal in Scotland. A Pole or anyone else taking a coarse fish for the pot in Scotland is NOT BREAKING ANY LAW.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

But Ken, the if you look at the original post that started this topic off you will see that it was posted by a Scot, living in Scotland.

Indeed it is and a quick look on GE shows that thee's so much freshwater about that the entire population of lochgelly could probably feast on coarse fish without making much of an impact.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

just because its thier culture doesnt make it right. We have a different culture and they should only be allowed in this country if they adopt our customs and become british. If not then they should stay out.

The problem is the attitude and anyone who doesnt agree or believe in all this pc shite is labelled a racist.

The whole EU open door thing is an absolute travesty we are a laughing stock because of how easy it is for people to take advantage of this nation.

just because its thier culture doesnt make it right. We have a different culture and they should only be allowed in this country if they adopt our customs and become british. If not then they should stay out.

The problem is the attitude and anyone who doesnt agree or believe in all this pc shite is labelled a racist.

The whole EU open door thing is an absolute travesty we are a laughing stock because of how easy it is for people to take advantage of this nation.

And if any one doesn't agree with you it's just PC shite ????

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

...We have a different culture and they should only be allowed in this country if they adopt our customs and become british. If not then they should stay out.

Just like all the British ex-pats living in France and Spain do. As soon as they get there they become French or Spanish, adopt all the local customs and assimilate. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sheesh.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The British have been eating coarse fish for ever. Just because a few bunny huggers have decided that they do not wish to do so does not mean that it is not a British thing. It has been, is, and as long as I am living and breathing will be the done thing if I choose.

I really am ashamed that we have become such a nation of racist bigots.

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?