ZoneAlarm

ayjay

ZoneAlarm stopped supporting Win 98 quite some time ago now, is there any point in me still keeping it running on my computer?

(Probably not.)

I think there is a firewall that works as part of the router but I'm not sure.

Should I now remove ZoneAlarm completely and install something different, and if so any recommendations?

try kerio personal mostly good reports about this one

Free Download

although zonealarm hasn't let me down more then twice if i was running win 98 i would switch to kerio

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Same here. I switched when dumping ZA to Kerio and have had just ONE problem!! MINOR but if I have a system crash due to a dodgy graphics card I lose the QUICK launch and kerio loses the ability to stop pop ups!! WOW!! :D

No seriously, it has NOT failed me once really!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

try kerio personal mostly good reports about this one

Free Download

although zonealarm hasn't let me down more then twice if i was running win 98 i would switch to kerio

Cheers, that download doesn't actually cover Win 98 but Majorgeeks has a version of Kerio that does.

Presumably I should remove ZoneAlarm before trying to install Kerio?

Chris, I have a separate pop-up stopper anyway. :)

URGENT

before you UNINSALL

Clear the check box labeled Load ZoneAlarm at startup. ". Once this is done the uninstall will work properly and you wont get any true vector problems.

good luck

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

ZoneAlarm stopped supporting Win 98 quite some time ago now, is there any point in me still keeping it running on my computer?

(Probably not.)

I think there is a firewall that works as part of the router but I'm not sure.

Should I now remove ZoneAlarm completely and install something different, and if so any recommendations?

You should have a fairly good firewall in your router. I have not used any personal firewall software for about 2 years now with no problems. All I use is AVG free + Microsoft Defender and I have not had a nasty for yonks.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All messages received and understood, I'll give it some thought and sort it out sometime in the next couple of days.

Ta very much everyone. :thumbs:

Just thought I'd let you know; I downloaded Kerio (for Win98) but it wouldn't work because of a missing DLL file somewhere, so I tried Sygate, and it seems to be working OK, in fact I'd go so far as to say that the net is noticeably quicker when loading a page since I changed from ZoneAlarm.

B)

must say I used to love ZA - probably about 7 years ago! Then it seemed to do a microsoft and turn into a bloated inefficient badly worked heap of you know what.

As soon as it started second guessing what it should do rather than doing what I wanted I binned it and never looked back.

Sygate I never had any problems with at all. Worked very well for me and many many satisfied clients :)

Kerio I also like.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?