The Congers are in!

richi

Met up with Overrun Kayakkarma and Phooey for an Avon Beach evening launch.

What a Conger session!Started off with small fry including Pout,Bream,Bass

IMGP0118.jpg

and a new species for 2007 Scad(why do they call them horse mackerel?do horses eat them or what :rolleyes: )

IMGP0116.jpg

IMGP0117.jpg

Then got a thumping bite on the rod with 1/2 mackerel on it,took the strain and the fight was on.After a few minutes the beast came to the surface

IMGP0121.jpg

even though I've caught plenty of Conger from the Yak my heart was beating a hell of a lot quicker than normal.Got him to the yak for a close up

IMGP0122.jpg

then sent him back,hoping that Phooey would catch him.

About 1/2 an hour later hooked another one the same time as Phooey did.Made short work of this one although it was quite a size

IMGP0125.jpg

and left my Anchor/Bouy set up to paddle over to Phooey to take his pic,you'll have to wait for his report for that!(or have a look on the other side)All I'll say is it was our best Conger night ever!

Must say was very impressed with the brightness of Overrun and Kayakkarmas Nav Lights.

IMGP0123.jpg

I'm off back down there in a while..................................

the next day(yesterday).................

Decided to launch from Mudeford Quay around midday.Paddled round to where we had the Conger last night and found a pot bouy to tie up to.Had 3 rods out.Caught loads of small Bream

IMGP0135.jpg

Thought I'd have a go for some mackerel and some of them were huge

IMGP0129.jpg

Soon ended up with a bagful and decided I would try again at night for another Conger.

Had rigged the sail at launch and the wind took me all the way back to the harbour entrance

IMGP0133.jpg

sailing through the race

the race(on a calm day)

IMGP0134.jpg

Launched again at 10pm,straight round to the same mark(against a fair bit of wind and tide)anchored up in 30 odd feet on pretty flat ground

Convinced that I'd catch a Conger within the first hour, and I did!

IMGP0136.jpg

(sorry about the picture quality,but if you look closely you will see the congers mouth and yes Hursty a bottle of chocolate milk!)

didn't stay as long as planned because it rained quite heavy,and didn't like the look of it(or the forecast !)but it was worth all the effort to get Conger no.4 for 2007 :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Madness.

Absolutely brilliant :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

AVE IT! :thumbs: Cant wait till September.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

We are ALL going to catch congers.......and the weather is going to be fantastic. The beer cold, the teperature warm, the food cooked by a naked nubian slave........

now you know why I never catch much!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

We are ALL going to catch congers.......and the weather is going to be fantastic. The beer cold, the teperature warm, the food cooked by a naked nubian slave........

now you know why I never catch much!

The naked nubian slave is Richi though so don't get too excited! :yucky::thumbs:

SDD~~~~ :sun: