another session ruined by idiots

mike1234

I went fishing (for Perch) yeasterday, the water fished its hardest in about 18 years. It is a small water (no more than 50ft wide) which is an ideal pole/float water. I fed thew swim and every time I got the fish on the bite, mr Numpty on the other side would CAST his method feeder right into my swim, causing the swim to go dead. this happened four times, with me telling him about it every time, so I eventually told Andrew (The owner) who told him if he did it again, he would be barred from the water and left.

HE THEN SAID "THERES NO NEED TO TELL HIM - I WASN'T HARMING ANYONE! "

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Twice recently I've been fishing and witnessed kids getting bored and then disruptive during fishing sessions, on both occasions the lads were with older relatives who I heard say "that's it you're not coming with me again". Why don't the dads/older brothers of these young-un's show them where they are going wrong instead of letting them lose interest? I know when I take my Granddaughter fishing I never take my own kit and just watch her instead.

tigger quote - "it's virtually impossible to avoid wierd ignorant people of all ages."

So so true Tigger

Funniest, understated, but the most perfect comment I have read on this site in quite a long time...

Hang on in with this site Richard - your wit is appreciated by some.

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

tigger quote - "it's virtually impossible to avoid wierd ignorant people of all ages."

Funniest, understated, but the most perfect comment I have read on this site in quite a long time...

Hang on in with this site Richard - your wit is appreciated by some.

Hear hear :D

It would be a real pity to lose one of the good ones.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music