which is the best kayak and why

welshcaster

What a strange attitude? Poor little boy? mmm. I'm 60, and strong enough to rip you in half son.

I would like to get out on the sea every day, it wouldn't bother me, as for getting tired, I leave that to you youngsters who have had a soft life.

Softies with big mouths make me laugh. :clap2:

:boxing:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

victor meldrew lives

:bigemo_harabe_net-165:

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a strange attitude? Poor little boy? mmm. I'm 60, and strong enough to rip you in half son.

I would like to get out on the sea every day, it wouldn't bother me, as for getting tired, I leave that to you youngsters who have had a soft life.

Softies with big mouths make me laugh. :clap2:

the usual codswallop but strangely comical :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Terrible stuff on a usually friendly forum

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Just my view, but getting sick of reading the arguements and the rising amount of personal attacks on here, any newbies reading this thread will simply go elsewhere. lighten up for gods sake! We all should have the opportunity to express an opinion but why get so personal? Its just an opinion!

Just my view, but getting sick of reading the arguements and the rising amount of personal attacks on here, any newbies reading this thread will simply go elsewhere. lighten up for gods sake! We all should have the opportunity to express an opinion but why get so personal? Its just an opinion!

brought it on himself Karl, thread started with a simple question from a new yakker :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Sorry Jerseytrev, but i've gotta disagree, if it had been nearly anyone else who'd posted that whistling smiley thing ( which I'm not clever enough to include) it wouldn't have got the same reaction? Even I knew why he'd posted it. I could be getting hold of the wrong end of the stick but as I see it, the arguement in this thread and the one over the Bics is to do with people posting and expressing opinions / advice when they have a vested commercial interest.

I could be wrong but with the best will in the world when someone has got their own money involved then it is impossible to relay an unbiased view.

To qualify the above - thats just my opinion I don't know any of the individuals involved, I just think its sad to see a fabulous forum being pulled down

To be fair on Mike, he went back and edited his posts on the BIC thread (perhaps too much!) and the original review which caused the hoo haa has since been updated and is much more balanced. Mikes still posting after taking some stick & I hope he continues to do so.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Sorry Jerseytrev, but i've gotta disagree, if it had been nearly anyone else who'd posted that whistling smiley thing ( which I'm not clever enough to include) it wouldn't have got the same reaction? Even I knew why he'd posted it. I could be getting hold of the wrong end of the stick but as I see it, the arguement in this thread and the one over the Bics is to do with people posting and expressing opinions / advice when they have a vested commercial interest.

I could be wrong but with the best will in the world when someone has got their own money involved then it is impossible to relay an unbiased view.

To qualify the above - thats just my opinion I don't know any of the individuals involved, I just think its sad to see a fabulous forum being pulled down

I'm with you on that one Karl K :clap:

Bb

yes I agree....give it up guys......you're wasting your time.... for you see..

'The Pen is mightier than the sword'.

Sorry.........what time is that bus?

B)

Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

I've got the Prowler 15. as much as I love it I would advise against you choosing that as the cockpit is not as long as some others. I'm around 5'10'' but have short-arse stumpy legs so it suits me fine. I haven't tried anything else other than the Frenzy, which I wouldn't want to take for an extended paddle.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.