which is the best kayak and why

welshcaster

For everyone on here Maidstonemike posted a review on a bic kayak that was not realistic or true.

Experienced kayakers said the review was wrong, which it was. This was done to ensure newcomers would not buy a kayak thinking it was much better than it actually was.

It is not advisable to give brilliant reviews on kayaks as it could easily endanger someone thinking it is suitable to go out in certain conditions when it is not safe to do so.

The interest of newcomers and peoples safety was the reason for people not in agreement with Maidstonemike.

Maidstonemike took this the wrong way and things have just esculated from there.

It is as simple as that.

The majority of it was harmless banter but Maidstonmike mike posted an OTT post!

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big deal. Leave it in its own thread. Get back on topic chaps and stop beating each the rup. Besides, I'm tougher than all of you - I live with a wife and two daughters and still manage to get out as often as I want.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Big deal. Leave it in its own thread. Get back on topic chaps and stop beating each the rup. Besides, I'm tougher than all of you - I live with a wife and two daughters and still manage to get out as often as I want.

Blimey Mark - I wish I had your courage?

Have a look on the poll I created on Anglers Afloat

It might give you a good idea on what are the most common kayaks

Ask as many questions about different kayaks as you like, you will get truthful answers that may help you decide on the best kayak suited to you

:)

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Have a look on the poll I created on Anglers Afloat

It might give you a good idea on what are the most common kayaks

Ask as many questions about different kayaks as you like, you will get truthful answers that may help you decide on the best kayak suited to you

:)

point taken but i stick to my post " he brought it on himself " posting he was going to rip someone apart

R.I.P.

ps. mark could you have a word with my mrs :thumbs:

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

point taken but i stick to my post " he brought it on himself " posting he was going to rip someone apart

R.I.P.

simon i would have expected the dorado to have more votes on anglersafloat poll . i would not say no to one ,if it were not for the fact that old farts like me would not get the years of use out of them. out of interest has anyone from the channel islands bought one ?

:wheelchair::thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

I would, but then you too would have to buy a house by the sea and close to the Broads as well as a kayak for her.

The best option, however, is not to have a word with her at all, just disappear when she's not looking!

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I see the posts and views are soaring again, must be me. :clap2:

Seriously chaps, when I am posting, you can't see the smile on my face. :rolleyes: I have a non-stop sense of humour, and the comments I make are all in fun. The written word is just not the same as the spoken word.

I put a :whistling: in , because I was thinking, after all the argy bargy of the last time , you would all see it as me saying,' I think i'll keep out of this one, look what happened last time'.

It was my poor attempt at humour.

As for ' I could rip you in half son', don't you ever muck about with your mates and say silly stuff like that?

I think SOME of you, not all, because I think some do see what is happening, need to lighten up, have a laugh, and don't take forums too seriously.

They can be great fun. Nothing wrong with friendly banter and name calling.

I also think some take the yakking and fishing toooo seriously. It's a bit of fun, with some fishing thrown in. We don't all want to bury ourselves in technical details, mines better than yours, and I fish more than you do .

I get out when I can, we foster, so I have lots of meetings to go to, kids to sort out, school runs to do etc. I have to be available a lot of the time, so when I can get on the water, I smile a lot :wacko:

I don't even mind people taking the #### out of my kayaks. They do the job for me, and I know they are safe. Well and truly tested. My 15 year old lad, 6ft tall and built like a brick shed, goes mad in the thing, paddling as hard as he can through waves and stuff, and the little ole bic takes it all in it's stride.

Anyway, I'm not going to annoy you all again until I come back from Cardigan Bay, where I'm going for TWO WEEKS KAYAK FISHING :clap2: and I'm not going just yet, so enjoy the rest.

strange thing the internet!! I took the little whistling fella to mean I'm staying out of this / here we go again , and gave a little chuckle!! Others viewed it differently obviously.

Ps my 11 year old daughter would leather the lot of you , and me!! Goes for her brown belt at the weekend :blink:

spooky , posted both at the same time

PS you aint bringing no BIC to my neck of the woods :headhurt::thumbs:

Ok Prowler 13