Soft split shot

eamonn321

I use Preston Innovations Non Toxic Shot. It closes easily with light pressure and stays on the line well. As I remember, the soft lead shot came in some time in the early 70s, after it was realised that hard shot damaged line. The stuff that was available before then was *really* hard (and black and shiny as opposed to grey). It had to be bitten onto the line(!), unless you were posh and had a pair of "shot pliers".

I discovered some old lead shot from years back the other day. It made me realise how much softer it is than the stuff we have to use nowadays. Can anyone recommend any brands of soft non-toxic shot?

Hello there,

Here is a review that may help you. Other Dinsmore products are worth a look as well.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/m...698493344261332

Regards.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Hello there,

Here is a review that may help you. Other Dinsmore products are worth a look as well.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/m...698493344261332

Regards.

I like the look of those egg shaped shot. Do you know if you can get the individual sizes, or does it have to be a "selection box"

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton