Two bits of advice sought please

Trubshaw

I am looking for a Floatation Suit, called so I presume so that if you fall in you will float. However some manufacturers claim to make ones that breath. Do they really work as a Floatie? Looking for one best for both Boat and Shore.

Also what would the assembled experts suggest as a reasonable size 1.5 man Bivvy for spending a Winter Night or two at Orford cod fishing?

Need something that will fit a 17st 6.0" biggy in comfort, but doesn't weigh a ton, is easy to put up and won't blow away in a gale when pouring with rain.

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

Hi Trubshaw.

Ultimate make a good flotation suit but remember whatever size you are add another. They are quite heavy and thick you can get 1 or 2 piece. Look on e-bay sometimes they come up quite cheap. Regard's the tent i will send you one of my old shirt's lol.

Hi Trubshaw...I have had a few different Flotation suits....both one piece and two piece...IMHO, the best so far is the Fladden two piece.. green and blue...very good, light and its easy to move and walk in it. Cost is about £65-70..:) Calmac among others supply them to their workforce. :):)

You do get a tad "sweaty" inside tho', and thats where the "breathable" one comes into their own. They let the warm air pass through , but still remain a flotation suit...:) they are a bit more expensive tho'...

My Fladden is about 18 months old, and gets abused regularly, on the boat, and still its waterproof..:):), Cant fault it at all...:)

http://www.nesa.co.uk/Reviews/fladen_floatation_suit.html

You will get other opinions tho....:),

It might be better to go to a large angling supplies shop,,and try some on for size...

Best of luck..:):)

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I am looking for a Floatation Suit, called so I presume so that if you fall in you will float. However some manufacturers claim to make ones that breath. Do they really work as a Floatie? Looking for one best for both Boat and Shore.

Also what would the assembled experts suggest as a reasonable size 1.5 man Bivvy for spending a Winter Night or two at Orford cod fishing?

Need something that will fit a 17st 6.0" biggy in comfort, but doesn't weigh a ton, is easy to put up and won't blow away in a gale when pouring with rain.

:clap2: I've got a Sundridge breathable 2 piece and it's great, warm, comfortable, dry, everything I need. I also have a Shakespeare 1 piece breathable and that's great too, it's certainly worth the extra for a breathable suit. :clap2:

Hiyer Henry how you doing. Yes the are lots of preferances, the floatation suits are not classed as life savers, but they do give you a better chance, i.e. the most are not designed to self right an unconscious person. Saying that i allways wear my one piece afloat winter and summer, in the summer i only have a teashirt on underneath and found it ok. during the winter it doesn't half keep the cold out. Most of them are breathable and therefore i don't find them too oppressive to wear. The more you pay the better the suit.

I have had mine for about three years and i do wash it by hand now and again, We then reproof it with a really smelly chemical spray that definatly works as the water just bounces of it.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hiyer Henry how you doing. Yes the are lots of preferances, the floatation suits are not classed as life savers, but they do give you a better chance, i.e. the most are not designed to self right an unconscious person. Saying that i allways wear my one piece afloat winter and summer, in the summer i only have a teashirt on underneath and found it ok. during the winter it doesn't half keep the cold out. Most of them are breathable and therefore i don't find them too oppressive to wear. The more you pay the better the suit.

I have had mine for about three years and i do wash it by hand now and again, We then reproof it with a really smelly chemical spray that definatly works as the water just bounces of it.

Hi Barry,

Been busy, and fishing.

What make do you suggest? Not money no object, but would no mind paying to get a v good one.

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

Hi Barry,

Been busy, and fishing.

What make do you suggest? Not money no object, but would no mind paying to get a v good one.

Hi Henry, your lucky iv'e been off for two months but the fish had better look out as i'm back. I did not suggest a name as again i think you get what you pay for, mine is a hurricane 2 made by mainstream england. I did get it off ebay and paid not too much for it. About 60-70 I would say that i'm am very happy with the one i have got, but i will be looking to replace it within a year. Definatly worth having one. Cheers. I think the bouyancy is in newtons, anything over 150 is fine.

Err where is the fishy photo's then.

Still if you click on me name you can see me wearing mine behind a small ray that i'm going to better this year. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Both Emma & I use Sundridge EntTec one-piece suits, they're a heck of a lot lighter than anything else on the market yet retain all the warmth & water resistance you would need. Sundridge tend to size on the larger size (I got the Large and I'm a 15 stone FB). Before buying any floaty off t'interweb, get yerself down to a tackle shop and try a few on, see what's comfortable for you, walk around in it, try a few practice casts etc: there's no point in having a suit that makes you fishing uncomfortable. Once you've found the one you like, buy it from the tackle shop and help keep them in business

Hi mate ,,the shelter has got to be a beach budy ..it wins hands down every time ,,also a light plastic spade to chuck the ballast on the skirt quickly ,(also saves your hands from glass & dog poo..)

As for the suit ,,,i have tryed a few ,,2 piece are best coz u can take the top off when your hot or casting , ive ended up with a penn bottom half & a imax fleece top ,,if it gets realy chucky down i stick a titan smock over the lot ,,,,

The only advise i can give u on the expensive breathable stuff ,,,,is its ok till u put pressure on the surfaces ,,then it seems to leak back in ,,,,,,,u know ,,bit like sittin in the buddy with your arms resting on your legs ,,,,that kind of thing ,,,,,,hope it helps just a bit,,,,,,,rich,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,