TFG Force 8 bivvy

mattie

Hi everyone,

this is my first post on here and i'm afraid its on a bit of a sour note! :schmoll:

Does anyone else own or has used a tfg force 8 bivvy? I bought one last year, admittedly on the back of all the marketing hype and adverts, it has been the worst 100 quid i have ever spent!

to start with the wrong gromits were fitted on the feet so i couldnt erect it, never mind in the 20 seconds it says! it took 2 months of phone calls to TFG to sort it, in the end fishtec sorted it. one of the fibre glass legs was broken, again fishtec sorted it, no instructions, trying to decipher it was a nightmare, not sure where they get this 20 second thing from????? the bag is far too small, next to my mates jrc and chub bivvies it is so flimsy its unbeleivable! i cant beleive the advert says guaranteed waterproof!! last month i took it out for a wk end session, the weather was pants as usual, light rain and light winds..........the thing leaks like a sieve? had to cut the trip short a day early cos everything was soaked, i've used 10 quid tents that were more waterproof! and yep it was pegged out properly! i tried it again, this time with a coating of fabsil, better but soaked through again! :schmoll:

I have never seen another one of these bivvies on the bank (perhaps there is a reason for that?) i would urge anyone not to buy one of these, there are far better bivvies for the money! it has got one last chance over a wk end coming up soon but i'm not holding out for it to work properly, it will be going in the skip this time though!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess it's time to use the forum search and readup on other peoples experience before I spend my hard earned cash!

Good idea, as every other report I've ever heard about them has been good!

Sorry, but I'm always wary when a first time post is critical of a product or person.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Good idea, as every other report I've ever heard about them has been good!

Sorry, but I'm always wary when a first time post is critical of a product or person.

ok mate no worries, be as wary as you like. i do know what i'm on about though, i put the post on another forum (tsf) and a few blokes had piped up and said they werent particularly good! even the bloke at fishtec said the top spider assembly, mesh n cover wasnt a very good design! :wallbash: i am a regular carp angler and i have fished sea and course for over 20 years and had all manner of tackle and bivvies etc and this thing is by far the worst value for money. the blokes i fish with have a right laugh at it! hopefully i've just got a rogue bivvy!

Thats interesting to hear as I was looking to purchase one of those myself. Guess it's time to use the forum search and readup on other peoples experience before I spend my hard earned cash!

hi mate,

for the 125 quid asking price now, there are some far better bivvies for not alot more cash!

If waterproofing is an issue don't bother with fabsil give it a coat of Thompsons waterseal it really does exactly what it says on the tin!! you can get it at B&Q

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Hi There

I have a tfg force 8 one man bivvy, i have used it 4 times since getting it for christmas and must say that i have had no trouble with it at all. Took it out on a rough Febuary weekend trip and a couple of other trips. I have not experienced any problems with leaking and i can get the whole bivvy up in under 4 minutes including pegs. I would agree that the one man is a bit cramped but then again it limits the amount of stuff i can take which is a good thing.

The bag i found is a bit on the small side, however even saying that, if you take your time and do not rush to put it away the bivvy can be out away quiet easly. Easier said then done when you have a dry bivvvy and it is about to rain.

I must admit when i first brought the bivvy i was a but wary as i had heard just as many bad comments as i had heard good. Overall i would probably get another but the two man version instead just for the extra room.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

hi guys, i just joined this ere forum thing aftre reding the first post on this thread and thought id put my two pence in.

i bought a two man about a year ago and to be completely honest, ive had no probs whatsover, even in a near hurrican and torrential rain on the small speci lake @ todber manor. if any one else has fished it they'll know how exposed it can be up there. all in all i find it an excellent bivvy with loads of room.

it has got one last chance over a wk end coming up soon but i'm not holding out for it to work properly, it will be going in the skip this time though!!!!!!!!!!

How did you get on at the weekend? If you're going to skip it, want to skip it in my direction? I'll pay the postage :thumbs:

There's more to going fishing than catching fish.

hi all,

sorry got rid of it to my brother who does the occasional summer overnighter! just got myself an as new second hand jrc dave lane sti brolly, groundsheet and new winterskin for £70, what a difference! brilliant! :thumbs: