my first decent carp

jimba

post-12557-1185042308_thumb.jpg

Caught this the other day during a break in the rain.I suppose you'll all tell me this is a goldfish hybrid aswell ?.

Seriously though I've had loads of different species out of my local pond and it holds carp up to 20lb including some good size ghosties.The pond has been there since the mid 1400's when it was a moat circling the manor house.The origonal stone bridge still exists and is the oldest stone built structure in manchester.So I'm quite proud of my pond really,despite the local mindless idiots that insist on using it to dump their empty beer cans and bottles.

post-12557-1185043140_thumb.jpg post-12557-1185043433_thumb.jpg

post-12557-1185042308_thumb.jpg

Caught this the other day during a break in the rain.I suppose you'll all tell me this is a goldfish hybrid aswell ?.

LOL! With the pond being so old though its even more of a pity that it has such a strange load/mix of inhabitants! In my mind the people who allow this to happen are being just as destructive as the litter etc vandals!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

LOL! With the pond being so old though its even more of a pity that it has such a strange load/mix of inhabitants! In my mind the people who allow this to happen are being just as destructive as the litter etc vandals!

Budgie,

You are not going to be a happy man when all this rain subsides. I can't even begin to imagine what species will be 'native' in a few years as a result :(

Jimba - looks like a nice little pond, that :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE