Daiwa Powermesh X Barbel Rod

dant

Just bought one off E-Bay. So whilst waiting for it to arrive I was wondering if anyone has one or uses one regularly.. I appreciate it might of been better to ask first and buy later but there you go. I weighed one up in a shop beforehand and it looked to have a good crisp action. I intend to use it as an all round rod..

Also whilst talking tackle does anyone know where I can get my hands on a sturdy, vintage (although not essentially so) trout/stalker/game bag type thing. I have an old Hardy stalker bag thats just about bitten the dust thanks to my friends the local mice.

Cheers

Dan T

Edited by dant

Just bought one off E-Bay. So whilst waiting for it to arrive I was wondering if anyone has one or uses one regularly.. I appreciate it might of been better to ask first and buy later but there you go. I weighed one up in a shop beforehand and it looked to have a good crisp action. I intend to use it as an all round rod..

Also whilst talking tackle does anyone know where I can get my hands on a sturdy, vintage (although not essentially so) trout/stalker/game bag type thing. I have an old Hardy stalker bag thats just about bitten the dust thanks to my friends the local mice.

Cheers

Dan T

Hi Dan

I have two of these rods (an 11-6 and a 12ft twin tip version) although mine are rather old and I they have been such a tremendous buy. The Daiwa blanks have a good-all through- forgiving bend but plenty of power. I have used them for all types of fishing and cannot fault them. Have a good time with them.

cheers

Alan

Thanks for that Alan..

I have bought the Twin Tip version. Seems like a sound investment from what I can gather..

I think E-Bay is probably the best place to start looking for the bags aswell..

I never worried about the bag ( don't know where mine are!) as the rods were always in use so invariably kept set up.

Guest tigger
I never worried about the bag ( don't know where mine are!)

Mines makin me tea!!!! :unsure:

By the way I think most Daiwa rods are good quality.

Edited by tigger

I never worried about the bag ( don't know where mine are!) as the rods were always in use so invariably kept set up.

Cheers Alan.

Although I'm not actually talking about the rod bags as such. I'm after a good quality vintage'ish style game /trout bag and was wondering if anyone knew of a good vintage tackle stockist. It's not really a cosmetic thing, it's just that I've found those older style bags are less susceptible to tears and pulls from brambles/barbed wire e.t.c.