Any session reports?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone been on any succesful carping sessions recently? if so any photos? always nice to hear of what people have been catching. :fishing:

regards,

Fantasticfisherman

Weekend before last, being 14th/15th July, I had a 5 hour session on our private residents only lake. It was a bit flooded with all the heavy rain that we've had in Lincolnshire, in fact the lake came close to bursting it's banks, so I wasn't holding out for much action. I was surprised to beat my PB haul and landed 11 carp (previous best was 9 in barmy April), a nice mixture of common, mirror and ghosties. The biggest being nothing more than 6.5lb .. with the rest around 3-4lb.

Used my usual favourite ledger style with a mini PVA bag of pellets and triple sweetcorn on an 8 inch hooklength, casting literally only 20 yards into a small channel/bay around 1-2 feet from the bank, with overhanging trees ....tricky casting.

I would have caught more, until I managed to wrap my tackle around a distant tree, natures way of saying "...that's enough".

Still looking for the elusive 20lb-ers ....

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone been on any succesful carping sessions recently? if so any photos? always nice to hear of what people have been catching. :fishing:

regards,

Fantasticfisherman

Just done a few days at Charlies lake near Ashford.

2x 8lb

12x 11 1/2-13 lb

4x cats to 8lb

1x tench

and a few roach

Success at last!!!!!!!

52 nights into this years campaign on the slowest carp water I`ve ever fished and finally one trips up.

On a national scale its a gudgeon, on my scale its a hell of a good fish thats been earnt with some incredibly hard graft and persistance.

22-13 of true old English mirror:

a22-1303-08-2007.jpg

Was I happy?

You make your minds up!

004.jpg

wolf.gif

Well done Severn.

Lovely looking old bruiser that, far better than a bigger weight simo, to have a nice old english one.

They are like the fish on a water I was targeting the other year, one in a year if lucky, but one in a million when you got one. :thumbs:

Cheers Trevor!

The reason I don`t catch too many carp is probably because for me its the look of the fish more than its weight! Theres waters in my area with a lot more and bigger carp but they just don`t do it for me. I don`t mind struggling away like a good `un when the result is such a lovely creature. Lets just hope the next one doesn`t take as long to come by!

wolf.gif

Cheers Trevor!

The reason I don`t catch too many carp is probably because for me its the look of the fish more than its weight! Theres waters in my area with a lot more and bigger carp but they just don`t do it for me. I don`t mind struggling away like a good `un when the result is such a lovely creature. Lets just hope the next one doesn`t take as long to come by!

I can relate to that, my best fish was only 10 1/2 lb, it was the most stunning colour/looking ghost carp and put up a great fight also. Only thing was I didn't have a camera, as it was on a tiny local lake I was just trying out for the day and not expecting anything to big.

Hi everyone!! New to this site. Looks brilliant! Just to let everybody know that I just recently fished an 8 hour seesion on Brookside fisheries in Betley near Crewe and pulled out 41 carp. All ranging between 2lb and 8lb. There is bigger in there as they reach upto 28lb but what a days fishing. On my feet for the full 8 hours. Anyone else fished it or heard about it?? Going again this Friday so should be an eventful day.

Nice one Severn. :thumbs:

Great photos. Proper old warrior that. I think I've read stuff from you last year or even the year before struggling on a really hard water? Was it the same place or am I getting you confused with someone else?

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.