Bulk Buying Groundbait

Errrm

Hi,

I've had a look on the internet at various sites for for places to buy groundbait in large amounts, I'm getting sick of paying £3.50 for 1kg for packaged stuff from my tackle shop so I'm looking at buying bulk amount of groundbait to have a mess around with some mixes ( any tips? :-) ) I'm looking at red/brown crumb to fish for bream or tench on a still water and basically I want to know if anyone can give me any ideas on where is a good place to order it from? The best I can find at the moment is £28 for 20kg from www.thebaitwarehouse.co.uk ( anyone bought anything from them? any good? ) has anyone else got any idea where to look?

Errrm

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've had a look on the internet at various sites for for places to buy groundbait in large amounts, I'm getting sick of paying £3.50 for 1kg for packaged stuff from my tackle shop so I'm looking at buying bulk amount of groundbait to have a mess around with some mixes ( any tips? :-) ) I'm looking at red/brown crumb to fish for bream or tench on a still water and basically I want to know if anyone can give me any ideas on where is a good place to order it from? The best I can find at the moment is £28 for 20kg from www.thebaitwarehouse.co.uk ( anyone bought anything from them? any good? ) has anyone else got any idea where to look?

Errrm

Where do you live? You can get groundbaits for quite a bit less if you pick them up yourself from a place like http://www.copdockmill.co.uk/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi,

Errrm

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

I live in leicestershite so I don't think that company is a possibility, although thanks for the idea I'll try similar shops in the area I live in.

Copdock Mill supply a lot of such companies. Look under "animal feed stuffs" and "pet supplies" in Yellow Pages.

For anyone wanting groundbait or particles etc in the Canterbury area I can recommend Malibu Grains just outside Wingham on the way to Ash. They're on the left hand side near the top of the hill at Shatterling. Tel 01227-720257.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Guest Brumagem Phil

First port of call would be your local pet shop. I can get pigeon food, hemp and layers mash from them. They can order various other pellets and pulses too and their prices are always spot on.

Hi,

Errrm

To be honest my local shop does crumb in 1 kg bags buy 3 there £1.05 each so your bulk is way out of line there,they also have maize flour at 1:35/kg and I cant find cheaper on the net either.My local seed merchants has hemp at 4quid for 4 kg then maize/corn/tares/oats/wheat/bran anything you like all at trade prices.

As said pet warehouses/seed stores are the bees knees

For grains,cereals,pelleted feeds,layers mash etc I go to my local (in fact any!) animal feeds shop.For crumb most tackle shops can get you a bag (20 or 25kg?) for around £12.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

"

I've had a look on the internet at various sites for for places to buy groundbait in large amounts, I'm getting sick of paying £3.50 for 1kg for packaged stuff from my tackle shop so I'm looking at buying bulk amount of groundbait to have a mess around with some mixes ( any tips? :-) "

At £3.50 a kilo its not fair to compare this to brown crumb. It can only be one of the top groundbait formula's such as sensas or van denynde.

It will take some expensive additives and lots of work to emulate those particular groundbaits.

Having said that when using lots for bream etc in summer its easier as the fishing is not necesarily so finicky. You can always mix a good flavour bag with brown crumb to pad it out a bit.

For the winter and trickier venues where you are using less I think its difficult to beat some of the groundbaits that are on offer.

My friend goes to holland a lot and there you go into a tackle shop and there are all these lovely crumb like things you can buy in bulk and mix your own. Toffee biscuit and sweet biscuit are 2 that come to mind. Then there are molasses grilled hemp, braseem, and hundreds more additives.

I think it could take a lifetime to perfect your own mix but probably good fun to try. I have gone away from heavy groundbaiting in most situations to accurate quality and well timed feeding. I am sure this is better.

John

"

At £3.50 a kilo its not fair to compare this to brown crumb. It can only be one of the top groundbait formula's such as sensas or van denynde.

It will take some expensive additives and lots of work to emulate those particular groundbaits.

Just because it`s £3.50 a kilo dosen`t mean it works.I wouldn`t pay 2quid for a small tin of hemp when I can buy two kilo`s.There both hemp all I do with mine is add water and heat.

The additives to crumb(white or brown) are really very cheap.Archie Braddock fairly lays into the mass produced groundbaits as being not much better than buiscut crumb.There are a few basic recipies in his book about groundbait and additives,i`ve tried some and was pretty amazed at the results.You can watch this stuff working.Fizzing and exploding falling and rising again.It`s dead simple too.