very latest Footage - Gt White off Cornwall

fishfinder

what makes you so sure its not a great white we have all the right food supplies and with global warming scientists say its only a matter of time before they do come maybe that time is now?

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

what makes you so sure its not a great white

Because the shark in the video has a dorsal like this one identi2.gif

Which belongs to a basking Shark, if it had a dorsal like this one identi1.gif

then it could possibly have been a Great White

we have all the right food supplies and with global warming scientists say its only a matter of time before they do come maybe that time is now?

we don't need global warming for GW's to visit our shores and we never have, our coast line is almost perfect habitat for them according to many who actually know what they are talking about. However for some un known reason they do not seem to frequent our area of sea with the nearest confirmed Great White being over 100 miles South off La Rochelle way back in 1975.

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Am I going blind all I could see was some un identifiable fish/dolphins jumping about. Where was the shark?

strange.. the link only shows the original footage of the Dolphins, if you look on the menu bar at the side you will see the link to the "New footage of Cornwall's Great White"

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

All this talk of sharks, cheers for your place on the Poole Sharking trip last weekend, Davy.

Had a Porgy of around 200lb and Norma and John also had hookups but they got away.

Just got to get me a skate now...maybe October, see you then.

I'd never have guessed! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IQ≤50 perhaps?

Oh , i'm ever so sorry Corydoras , we're all not worthy to talk to the upper echelon (self appointed i might add) as yourself. You stick to your french wine , french women , french whatever.................

AND........... if you want to slur my intelligence, in future , please do it by PM ......eh?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Hiya,

Because the shark in the video has a dorsal like this one identi2.gif

Which belongs to a basking Shark, if it had a dorsal like this one identi1.gif

then it could possibly have been a Great White

we don't need global warming for GW's to visit our shores and we never have, our coast line is almost perfect habitat for them according to many who actually know what they are talking about. However for some un known reason they do not seem to frequent our area of sea with the nearest confirmed Great White being over 100 miles South off La Rochelle way back in 1975.

Actually the most northerly confirmed report of a great white in the eastern atlantic was in the mouth of the river loire which is about 100 miles north of la rochelle and about 400 miles from the uk coast which is not that far when you consider white sharks have been recorded making trips of over 12,000 miles(from australia to south africa and back in nine months in the case of a white shark nick named nicole).

Oh , i'm ever so sorry Corydoras , we're all not worthy to talk to the upper echelon (self appointed i might add) as yourself. You stick to your french wine , french women , french whatever.................

AND........... if you want to slur my intelligence, in future , please do it by PM ......eh?

Just because I don't by Murdoch rags, or the claptrap that is printed within does not put me in any 'upper echelon'. Whilst the Sun may sell millions every day, there are still more of us who DON'T buy it than who do.

I was not talking about you in particular, just people who buy the Sun AND believe the stories in it in general, but like the old saying goes, "If the hat fits..."

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Actually the most northerly confirmed report of a great white in the eastern atlantic was in the mouth of the river loire which is about 100 miles north of la rochelle and about 400 miles from the uk coast which is not that far when you consider white sharks have been recorded making trips of over 12,000 miles(from australia to south africa and back in nine months in the case of a white shark nick named nicole).
But still they don't seem to come.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

i would have thought, that if they DID come to the coasts of the uk,that at least ONE would have been caught by all the miles of netting around the coastline?

other species are caught regularly.....but no great whites?????