Lowlife

rogd

Bad news I'm afraid

I was out on Bassenthwaite Lake yesterday afternoon when some kind person decided they were more entitled to my tackle than I was.

Luckily about half my gear was out in the boat with me, but the b*st*rds still got away with about 500 quids worth.

The police tell me that this sort of thing is not uncommon in Cumbria at this time of year so please be careful lads.

The main items of gear are 2 left hand wind ABU multipliers, a Shimano telescopic mini spinning rod and a very distinctive Albackore backpack which I imported from the States at the price of 2 arms and 2 legs.

If anyone is offered anything like this please let me know through the forum.

I'm insured, but it still makes you feel like stringing them up by the knackers.

Right, I'm of to get my car window fixed.

Rog

Grrrr! Theft like that makes me mad, especially as you've got the added inconvenience of having to sort your window!

Funny thing is, I mentioned the other night that the potential of theft from a motor vehicle is probably the only bad thing I can think of when I go beach fishing.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sorry to hear that mate, try visiting all the local second hand shops its surprising how quick items appear.

Hope the catch the theiving scumbag and cut his hands off, if he is a repeat offender the bury him up to his neck in a field and slowly drive over him in a combine harvester

You would never guess but I have been broken into..... twice :angry:

Bb]

Sorry to hear that mate, try visiting all the local second hand shops its surprising how quick items appear.

Hope the catch the theiving scumbag and cut his hands off, if he is a repeat offender the bury him up to his neck in a field and slowly drive over him in a combine harvester

You would never guess but I have been broken into..... twice :angry:

Bb]

Can I drive the combine please

Rog

It's tempting but isn't worth it guys

Last halloween some shits in our neighbourhood decided to go one better than eggs and bounced a bloody pumpkin off the wife's new Audi. Unfortunately for them i was just getting ready to take the dog for a walk so caught the main offender in the park near the house.

Stupid bugger didn't even have the sense to keep his mouth shut so i lost my temper. Police rolled up a few hours later to question me because the sap actually admitted that i'd given him the beating because he'd only just vandalised the wife's car. Stupid plod didn't want to record the vandalism because poor scrote had ended up in hospital and that crime was more important....blah, blah.

Thankfully a mate is a good barrister who told the police to sod off and a few mates and i paid the scrotes family a visit. So it all went away but the point is that scum was almost 18 and had a whole string of crimes to his name yet the police were only interested in trying to get me to confess because i was seen as an easy collar.

The days in which the rights of the average working tax payer are over.

It's tempting but isn't worth it guys

Last halloween some shits in our neighbourhood decided to go one better than eggs and bounced a bloody pumpkin off the wife's new Audi. Unfortunately for them i was just getting ready to take the dog for a walk so caught the main offender in the park near the house.

Stupid bugger didn't even have the sense to keep his mouth shut so i lost my temper. Police rolled up a few hours later to question me because the sap actually admitted that i'd given him the beating because he'd only just vandalised the wife's car. Stupid plod didn't want to record the vandalism because poor scrote had ended up in hospital and that crime was more important....blah, blah.

Thankfully a mate is a good barrister who told the police to sod off and a few mates and i paid the scrotes family a visit. So it all went away but the point is that scum was almost 18 and had a whole string of crimes to his name yet the police were only interested in trying to get me to confess because i was seen as an easy collar.

The days in which the rights of the average working tax payer are over.

You are right of course but when confronted with the scum who break into your house, garage, car what ever, all rational thought goes and it turns into rage. For months after my break-ins I would have happily stangled the culprit if I had caught them.

Glad things turned out fine in the end, just one question have you ever had any trouble from him since :g:

I guess not :thumbs::boxing::clap2:

Bb

You are right of course but when confronted with the scum who break into your house, garage, car what ever, all rational thought goes and it turns into rage. For months after my break-ins I would have happily stangled the culprit if I had caught them.

Glad things turned out fine in the end, just one question have you ever had any trouble from him since :g:

I guess not :thumbs::boxing::clap2:

Bb

Honest answer is no.....he turned out to be a carbon copy of his father who didn't see what my problem was. His car was subsequently modified some (we probably ende up increasing its value!) and he got a few slaps for good measure.

It's amazing how someone who previously couldn't give a toss about his spawn can suddenly take an interest in their behaviour etc. Especially when their own well being is directly effected.

Edited by scotsgun