Ebay long running script problem

wotnobivvy

For the last few days I get the message that Ebay is not responding due to a long running script. This only happens on Ebay. On my desktop it happens under Win 10 using Edge, IE11 and Chrome. On my XP laptop running firefox it still happens. Ihave come to the rash conclusion that it is an Ebay fault. I have googled the problem but mst of the replies are trolls expounding the virtues of their favourite browsers. The Microsoft solution is to play with settings, but mine seem to be set to what they recommend. Any ideas ??

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

On further investigation it is a copy of the Cheapbargains script I saved. I tried it from the forum and it still locks up. Must be something in the script causing the problem, and as I have deleted it I cannot see what is causing it

Whats the cheapbagains script how was it installed and how did you uninstall.

Have a look at the browsers plugins/extensions incase there is something still enabled in their to do with cheapbargains ?

Whats the cheapbagains script how was it installed and how did you uninstall.

Have a look at the browsers plugins/extensions incase there is something still enabled in their to do with cheapbargains ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

The cheapbargains is found at the top of the AN forums list. You click on it and it takes you to a page where you put post code, distance to cover, and topic. This takes you to a Ebay page whrer you can refine then save the search for future use. I can only imagine that one or more of the built-in search arguments are no longer valid or go for a long wander into infinity

I dont get any errors (none that i can be bothered to dig for) but initially I see one problem that would suggest to me Eltons script is a tad out of date and that is ebay is whacking the whole lot in to the search field and only 4 or less of the many filters/variables are being applied and the very fact that (( is being added to the the query.

your right in that it looks to be one or more of the variables is no longer supported.

( ("cash on collection", "collect only", "will not post", "buyer must collect", "collection only", "no postage", "pick up only", "too heavy to post", "too big to post", "too large to post", "unable to post", "needs to be collected", "collection in person only", "must collect", "won't post", "can't post") )

its messy.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

on my XP/firefox laptop it gives the script as http/secure-assets.rubiconpr with some ... and a string of (to me) meaningless characters as the problem. I googled it but it seems to be from a reputable organisation

• 2 weeks later...

Honest guv I never touched it. It has stopped happening and I didn't change a thing