Rod sections stuck

Rock Hopper

I was wandering if anyone could offer any advise. I have recently decided to try my hand at a bit of beach fishing. Having only fished off rock marks I thought I needed to get a bit of new gear so I bought an Imax 4 stroke 6, carbon 2 section 13ft 2in rod. Trouble is I put it together to get a feel for it & like a numpty pushed the sections together a little too firmly, although not to the mark, & now I just cannot pull the sections apart. I'm stuck with a full length rod which god knows how I'm supposed to transport around. I've never known rod sections to be so tight, or is that the deal with beachcasters.

Don't know if I should have but I've tried WD down it & no good. 2 of us have tried twisting in opposite directions, pulling in opposite directions, but nothing. Please, any advise. My hands are red raw.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if you're hands are slipping at all, try wearing Marigolds (just don't tell your mates!).

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Put rod behind your knees with the mated sections between your legs.

Bend knees and grasp rod with hands on the outside of each knee.

Slowly part your knees wider and wider whilst holding the sections firmly - your knees will force your hands outwards.....you can apply much more pressure with your legs than arms....it should part.

Put rod behind your knees with the mated sections between your legs.

Bend knees and grasp rod with hands on the outside of each knee.

Slowly part your knees wider and wider whilst holding the sections firmly - your knees will force your hands outwards.....you can apply much more pressure with your legs than arms....it should part.

Now that sounds really athletic :rolleyes::clap2::clap2: Lets hope my rods don't get stuck

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I was wandering if anyone could offer any advise. I have recently decided to try my hand at a bit of beach fishing. Having only fished off rock marks I thought I needed to get a bit of new gear so I bought an Imax 4 stroke 6, carbon 2 section 13ft 2in rod. Trouble is I put it together to get a feel for it & like a numpty pushed the sections together a little too firmly, although not to the mark, & now I just cannot pull the sections apart. I'm stuck with a full length rod which god knows how I'm supposed to transport around. I've never known rod sections to be so tight, or is that the deal with beachcasters.

Don't know if I should have but I've tried WD down it & no good. 2 of us have tried twisting in opposite directions, pulling in opposite directions, but nothing. Please, any advise. My hands are red raw.

Hack saw work's every time.

Ask Keith on the myfishcasting.org forum about tight joints - he has a great method for ensuring perfect joints. I have a century tip tornado that had a phenomenally tight spigot, but careful mating and twisting followed by undoing and cleaning the carbon dust off has made things much more sensible. Mine was easier to take apart when cold.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com