Making Videos For The Internet

Elton

Elton,

I don't get it. There are a lot of technical answers here. I have an older camcorder and I have the option to make clips in AVI format. Then I just upload them to Youtube. Or FTP them to your own webspace. What format does your camcorder save clips as? There are many file conversion progs out there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I need to get the manual out and take a look.

I've never used it, or any camcorder, come to that. I just wondered how, if you had a load of footage, you could say that you wanted, say, the clip 3 minutes in that lasts 37 seconds.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton,

Well, reading the manual never did any harm :)

Once you have the clip on your computer in a recognizable format you need a video editor. THIS ONE is free.

I've never done it myself, no doubt the AN boffins can give you more info.

Good luck,

Ian

Cheers, guys.

I've now downloaded this software.

So, in simple terms, if I point and shoot a bit of footage, how do I make just that bit of the film into an mpeg or wmv file?

tia,

Elton

See post #2

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

See post #2

Post 2 said to use Adobe with XP, but you later said use Super.... :)

I've got Super now. Just charging the camera and will, possibly, have a play later. I opened up Super and it looked like I'll need to read a manual, or something.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Don't want to tread on anyone's toes but I just had a play with the video editor I posted above and nothing could be simpler, about three mouse clicks and I snipped a clip from the middle of a movie....and it's free, you just need to register with an email address.

Edited by Ian FG

OK Once you have shot your raw footage you will probably want to clean it up and edit it, you may want to splice different bits together, add other soundtracks, credits etc. Premiere does all this. Super recodes video to different formats. Typically you would use the high quality output from Premier through super to recode for the web, pr a psp, mobile phone, or flash for the internet.

It is true that with Youtube you can just upload an avi file, but it will be a lot quicker to upload if you recode it with Super first.

There is no one piece of video editing software that does the lot. IMO Avoid the XP built in stuff or you will end up with your video being stored in WMV files and you will lose flexibility and compatibility.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

If you want a free alternative to Premiere, you could try Avid Free DV. It is not that easy to use, but there are plenty of resources and help on the web.

This is doing my head in :(

I can get videos from the little memory stick and I can playback the proper movies on the tape using USB Streaming, but I'll be damned if I can find out how to get the tape videos over to my PC! It's driving me nuts.

must agree regarding avoising the XP built in stuff - great for use at home with nothing but windows - lousy for anything else.

Have heard some good reports about Kate's Video Cutter as a simple editor which IanFG linked to above.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?