My daughter has just lost her virginity.

corydoras

Laughed? The same as Cory and his wife, well I wonder if you would all laugh if one of your daughters fell pregnant at !6? its not a case of condemnation fire and brimstone and such its about the victims of naive intercourse. What can a 16 year old girl gain from having to be a mother at such a young age?
This is what I told my daughter. I told her that sex was for adults, and just because she is above the age of consent she is still not an adult. I told her about chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, genital herpes, genital warts, HIV and all the other nasties that can come as part of having unprotected sex. I didn't tell her any scare stories, we were just sat on the verandah one sunny afternoon having a beer and it came up in conversation. I also explained to her that if she did have unprotected sex with a boy she was also having unprotected sex with every other person said boy had indulged in unprotected sex with. That bit got a gobfull of beer spat out.

She has a little half-brother who is three, who she has to baby-sit from time to time, this has put her clean off 'having a brat' (her words, not mine).

If you want to protect your daughters from getting pregnant too soon, talk to them, educate them, hide nothing, but DON'T make it sound scary.

If you had read my posts you would have seen this bit. "Her Baccalauréat is the most important thing in her life at the moment, then its her flute, then its her new hobby, :fishing:. Boys, unfortunately for them come way down the list". I'm not going to say that she will NEVER do something silly and end up pregnant, but I trust her not to, and she knows that I trust her.

I only ever had only had one rule with my kids. "Do as you are bid, the first time you are bid". They have never been smacked by me (can't speak for my ex though), and the pair of them have never been in any great trouble at school.

Can we all start to behave like anglers now and congratulate her on catching her first fish?

PS Cory doesn't have a wife he has an ex-wife :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It was not me and my wife who were laughing, it was me and my daughter.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulate her on the catch and on her wedding night give her this advice.

"It's not how deep you wiggle your worm It's how you wiggle it"

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

Guest tigger
explain virgin territory :P

places that have never had sex?

virgin river rivers that have never had sex ?,grow up tigger

virgin isnt just for women otherwise branson would be sued under the sex discrimination act.

virgin can mean unattained catching her first carp means she has attained catching a carp thus not a carp virgin anymore ,got it

I only quoted what 's in the Oxford popular dictionary. Anyway the meaning of virgin doesn't come into this really.

The reason Cory used the title was just to get more attention to his thread, if not then he would have wrote something like "daughter catches her first fish".

As I said previous I don't think the title is a good one for a fishing forum, sounds more like the title of a Jerry Springer show.

does he do an angling show?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest tigger
does he do an angling show?

Yeah, he does desperate slutty virgin shows, he doesn't try covering it up with an angling expression. :lol:

Edited by tigger

What can a 16 year old girl gain from having to be a mother at such a young age?

Umm, hard one this. Let me think.....

.....furnished house or flat, child benefit, council tax benefit, housing benefit, Income support, childrens tax credit, free NHS medical and dental treatment.....

.....not to mention the love of her child and, done well, a more rewarding experience than earning minimum wage on a checkout.

FFS, some of you need to get out fishing more. Ternms springing to mind are ridiculous, uptight, holier-than-thou.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Can we all start to behave like anglers now and congratulate her on catching her first fish?

Here, Here, to that.

I read it for how it was meant, first time, and so did my wife

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

Laughed? The same as Cory and his wife, well I wonder if you would all laugh if one of your daughters fell pregnant at !6? its not a case of condemnation fire and brimstone and such its about the victims of naive intercourse. What can a 16 year old girl gain from having to be a mother at such a young age?

I didn't know catching carp could make you pregnant. :unsure:

My daughter has reached the ripe old age of 20, without any problems, Rabbit.

I like to think that the way we brought her up to be able to talk to us about anything, has contributed to that.

Mind you there are some things that I am not so lenient about.

For instance, if I caught her carp fishing in a commercial, then there would be trouble. :angry::headhurt:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

This was intended to be a light hearted topic with a funny title posted by a proud father who wanted to share the event. Most of us think it met that intent but some posters were obviously offended by something. Since the concept of virginity is rarely that big an issue except in some Muslim countries where it is demanded by law for unmarried females, I'm not exactly sure what was seen as so offensive by UK posters nor does it really matter at this point.

Note to all who plan to contribute further to this topic:

Please keep comments related to the subject matter - a young person catching their first fish - rather than

- political commentary (how bad some other countries are for having 'legal age of consent' laws that don't suit you {AKA - those stupid, uncivilized wogs})

- parenting styles that are not as you would do them

- how easily offended you are by humor that does not suit your fancy

- STDs

- any of the other stupid sorry, that was going to be a very mod-inappropriate comment so I'll not finish it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President