Polish Posters

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

errr didnt some on here say that posters put up to "educate" foreign anglers was a fallacy ,you wait till their forced to use all known languages plus 8 dialects of martian so those not understanding polish arn't "offended".

got no problem with our 2 (well the two i'v met at the pond) their english is weak but with drawings ,wagging fingers and patience they are being trained ,the only thing i'v seen on their barbi is bangers.

one of their girlfriends /wife is strange whenever i turn up she scarpers :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I don't understand! It says that they can take two fish each home, I thought ALL freshwater coarse fish in the UK are catch and release, is that not so?

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I don't understand! It says that they can take two fish each home, I thought ALL freshwater coarse fish in the UK are catch and release, is that not so?

It depends on the local byelaws. Unfortunately a lot byelaws allow the taking of a certain number of fish above a certain size.

But you still need permission from the owner etc.

Basically, it's very complicated. Hopefully a new bill in parliament will put a blanket ban on taking of fish. But don't hold your breath...............................

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Basically river fish are wild animals and are not owned by anyone.

Local byelaws may restrict the number of fish that can be taken.

Where river fishing rights are owned by riparian owners or controlled by clubs, they control access to the river and can impose their own rules, so the taking of fish would not be against the law, but trespass would, and clubs could expel members who do not follow the club rules regarding the taking of fish.

On stillwaters the fish are owned by whover owns or controls the water, and removal of fish without permission is theft and a criminal offence (on top of any trespass).

From the Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/mor...icle2203921.ece

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

It depends on the local byelaws. Unfortunately a lot byelaws allow the taking of a certain number of fish above a certain size.

But you still need permission from the owner etc.

Basically, it's very complicated. Hopefully a new bill in parliament will put a blanket ban on taking of fish. But don't hold your breath...............................

For crying out loud, just think about what that would mean to angling!

We've been over this so many times.

What would the implications be for predator anglers?

What would it mean to the match anglers?

What other 'bans' would it invariably lead to?

You work it out!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Rabbit

Just ban the taking of fish, don't know anyone who needs to take fish for the pot, or would want to. It would clarify the law to any foreigners and prevent such taking of fish approved by such poorly contrived bye laws.

Just ban the taking of fish, don't know anyone who needs to take fish for the pot, or would want to. It would clarify the law to any foreigners and prevent such taking of fish approved by such poorly contrived bye laws.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Would it mean no fish to be taken as bait? (used live or dead).

How would using keepnets be effected?

If coarse fish can't be taken, would the same apply to trout? If not, why not?

As it's been said before, nobody needs to go angling, does that mean ban it?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John