Polish Posters

Leon Roskilly

Rabbit

How do you justify your practise of disturbing a wild animal in its natural habitat, maybe even injuring it, just so that you can have have a wee look at it and let it go again? Why should you be allowed to do this?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a lover of commercial's myself but they serve a number of good purpose's.

They're a place where a family can go for a days fishing without trudging the outbacks trashing the countryside in the process (in a lot of cases). They're a place where beginners can learn how to fish safley and maybe get some tuition and instruction on how to play, handle and release fish correctly.

To me one of the most important purposes is that they take the pressure off the other natural venues.

I think commersials are a good thing for Angling and am all in favour of them (just not my cup of tea that's all).

This is one of the few points you've made in this debate that I agree with! :thumbs:

I've posted in similar vein myself on another topic, and can certainly see their uses. However like you, commercials don't interest me personally, except for predators. This is because I find little challenge in catching fish from such artificially overstocked and thus easy waters. I have tried them in the past, but am unlikely to go again except to teach beginners.

I'd add that this not intended as a slur on those who fish commercials, it's just that (like Rabbit) they're not for me.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I wasn't actually serious about banning commercials, I was making the point about how easy it is to call for a ban for something that you personally don't like.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest Rabbit
Rabbit

How do you justify your practise of disturbing a wild animal in its natural habitat, maybe even injuring it, just so that you can have have a wee look at it and let it go again? Why should you be allowed to do this?

Struggling to try and understand what you are getting at?

Not Astro Surfing again are we?

Guest Rabbit
I wasn't actually serious about banning commercials, I was making the point about how easy it is to call for a ban for something that you personally don't like.

Agreed, bans for the greater good of Angling, eg the taking of coarse fish .

There seems to be such a desire by a few members to retain the right to kill for the pot, and yet there is so little evidence that British anglers do kill for the pot.

So back to the point in question, and if our fish stocks are allowed to be eaten by the likes of the Polish community, would you all that oppose what I say ever feel the need to have a ban on taking of coarse fish.?

To be honest if an angler wants to take the odd coarse fish then so be it, but my main concern is that unless we take steps now, to have a uniform ban on the taking of fish, than these bye laws will be abused by some anglers who would not be content in taking the odd perch.

The eating of coarse fish is not common by British nationals, not the case with some Europeans who find it difficult to share our views on fish conservation .

Guest Brumagem Phil
Agreed, bans for the greater good of Angling, eg the taking of coarse fish .

There seems to be such a desire by a few members to retain the right to kill for the pot, and yet there is so little evidence that British anglers do kill for the pot.

So back to the point in question, and if our fish stocks are allowed to be eaten by the likes of the Polish community, would you all that oppose what I say ever feel the need to have a ban on taking of coarse fish.?

To be honest if an angler wants to take the odd coarse fish then so be it, but my main concern is that unless we take steps now, to have a uniform ban on the taking of fish, than these bye laws will be abused by some anglers who would not be content in taking the odd perch.

The eating of coarse fish is not common by British nationals, not the case with some Europeans who find it difficult to share our views on fish conservation .

More fish to eat than bunnies yet people go and hunt bunnies without anyone saying a thing.

The great British public doesn care about people taking fish to eat, only you it seems.

Guest tigger
To be honest if an angler wants to take the odd coarse fish then so be it

As you say if people took the odd fish now and then that would be acceptable but we know that won't / is'nt the case and foreigners will take advantage of the situation and hammer the British fish stocks. If this current trend in eating course fish is allowed to go on the way it seems be then all anglers will be affected except of course the Commersial fishery angler where the fish are protected from such practice.

By the way B*phil along with Rabbit I care about the possible abuse of Wild fish stocks by Foreigners.

Hardened attitides, the same folks repeating basically the same position statements, nothing new and we've strayed well away from the original topic.

Rather than killing any more pixels with this discussion, I'm closing the topic.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President