can any one help me catch bream?

fumbling_fisherman

Guest Brumagem Phil
i struggle to catch anything other than roach, rudd and perch. can any one give me some advice on how to catch bream please? i also seem to struggle with the striking, are there any tips for me?

EASY!

Just go out with the sole intention of catching anything BUT bream and you are gaurenteed a net full.

Just go out with the sole intention of catching anything BUT bream and you are gaurenteed a net full

Never has a truer word been spoken :thumbs:

Seriously though, bream love pellets, especially CSLs.

They`re pretty lazy fish and can give slow unmissable bites so if you`re not hitting them it might be worth explaining how you`re setting up.

wolf.gif

i struggle to catch anything other than roach, rudd and perch. can any one give me some advice on how to catch bream please? i also seem to struggle with the striking, are there any tips for me?

Like was said earlier, aim to catch anything but and you will usually catch bream.

As for bait ...sweetcorn seems to be a favourite for bream.

maggot feeder and maggots as hookait you wont go wrong there

and another thing is, if you watch your line and it moves up and then then down dont strike wait until the fish acctually takes the bait

carp tactics are also good for bream and youve also got a chance of catching tench aswell as carp and bream

mike

mike finlay the carpinator

If you are fishing (as you said in your other thread), commercial carp waters, then you might struggle to get through the carp, to the bream. I would look around for a more 'balanced' water, where the numbers are more even.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Brumagem Phil
If you are fishing (as you said in your other thread), commercial carp waters, then you might struggle to get through the carp, to the bream. I would look around for a more 'balanced' water, where the numbers are more even.

John.

Using brandlings might help him there. Bream love em but the carp aint quite so keen.

Vitalin, micro trout pellets and sweetcorn (use the liquid from the tin and a little lake water to help it bind) spread generously, with pop-up fake sweetcorn as a hookbait usually does the trick for me. Bream are browsers, so the nice bed of freebies will keep'em chomping.

;)