Who Ruined Britain

thats the difference the old god has become stale so new versions are churned out for the stupid or desperate to give money to and receive "blessings" from this shady character who hides so easily behind the frocks of their bankers and their spiel.

i always find it strange that gods "wrath" is always inflicted on the poor :rolleyes:

and just to avoid going directly off the topic the church ruined britain and everywhere else by stopping free thinking and the evolution of man by forcibly keeping everyone in the dark ages.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, I personally know an ex-CoE vicar who left because he couldn't cope with some of the attitudes he encountered from the more senior members of the heirarchy. He now belongs to something called "The Emerging Church". They appear to concentrate on practical, hands-on, good-deeds type religion, but they certainly haven't made themselves very popular with some members of the established church.

I'm surprised to hear that. The 'emerging church' is almost a synonym for 'Fresh Expressions' of church. The C of E and virtually all the mainstream denominations believe that a problem we face today is that people don't like institutions, and Sunday morning church feels very institutional. We believe that people want God but not the institutional forms of church and I think I can say we hope that new styles of church will emerge. It's early days, and of course many of these are independent churches, but the mainstream denominations are also experimenting with new style churches which generally try to be strong on relationships and avoid the clutter of buildings and programmes as far as possible. Back in the 60s and 70s when the so-called 'house church movement' began I guess there was some bad feeling between them and some of the mainstream churches, but nowadays 'emerging church' is generally seen in a positive light - for example it is on the syllabus at all theological colleges, and all C of E diocese have 'planted' some new expressions of church. If someone was looking for a negative 'spin' I think it would have to be along the lines of institutional church being like an ocean liner that is going down and looking to emerging church as a life-boat - BUT IT AIN'T BIG ENOUGH! I, personally, am more optimistic than that, partly because the mainstream churches are taking on board some of the thinking behind emerging church and trying to make ourselves more culturally relevant. Of course I don't know what the issues were that your friend faced with the hierarchy - certainly all four bishops in my diocese (Oxford) are strongly in favour of emerging church type thinking.

As to Chesters' post, in case it's of any interest

a) CWR is generally considered very mainstream, certainly amongst the more evangelical (protestant) churches. They produce bible reading notes and run seminars and courses on counselling and stuff.

B) Ellel Grange are a bit more 'wacky' in many people's eyes, though I'm broadly in favour. They are involved in healing ministry and also deliverance ministry (casting out demons) which is admittedly a more controversial area! (But I believe in this stuff, even though I have relatively little experience - I once exorcised a factory with success, to my great surprise!) I went for a short retreat at their original centre near Lancaster some time ago, and found them to be very caring people. Yes, they raised a lot of money to buy Holme Pierrepont from people who believed in their vision, including some who had been miraculously healed at their Lancaster Centre, but I would be very surprised if the leaders are paid big salaries. The general culture in UK is that such people are paid comparable salaries to vicars and ministers - after all that is the 'market' from which they have to recruit - and it's well known you can pay people less money when they are doing a job they are really passionate about, cos they'll do it anyway!

john clarke

the CWR are an aggressive lot having "THREATENED" my mrs when she inadvertantly crossed over a bridge (from waverly abbey ruins to the "institute" )and seem to have over enthusiastic errr guards on their front gate.certainly not a christian act shes little middle aged with a stick not a skulking brute set on burning the place down.ran by an american and we know the sickness in american religioun now its here!!

i posted quite a lot of revealing things about ellel a few years ago after sending in a prospective employment CV ,2 (it may have been four) very close typed lists of to me common things people do ,ticking one made you in their eyes devil worshippers (their words),such things as tattoos ,piercings ,practising yoga ,listening to rock music and a few scores of other common things people do totaly excludes you from applying ,i would regard their leader a control freak not unlike the many so called christian cults we hear about not a simple place of healing!!!!

strangely despite their absolute hate of liqueur they had no problem buying the mariners pub directly opposite changing its name and no doupt vastly overcharging anyone silly enough to stay there ,i suppose they "converted" the pub making it ok or exorcised the "spirits" making it wholesome again :rolleyes:

they also have no respect of the law revealing they "pay" a gratuity rather than basic wage to employees ,probably enough for some manna and some worldly advice etc i may send in another just for the pleasure of posting their vile outlook on "normal" people once again :D

infact its revealed in one of their adverts

"URGENT! Head Chef / Chef/Catering Administrator required -Ellel Grange is seeking a committed Christian with training and experience in cooking for large numbers (25 - 125).

A valid Health and Hygiene certificate is required. Must be able to work five days a week including alternative weekends and able to work alongside our current catering team & international Young Peoples Team. The catering administrator/head chef will need to plan menus, order and do stock control and be able to maintain a clean kitchen.

Ellel Ministries is a ministry who are seeking to set the captives free and bringing healing into the lives of hurting people. We provide needs based allowance rather than a normal salary. This allowance will differ depending on whether a person lives on site or not. If living on site then accommodation and all meals will be provided. If you would like to be part of Ellel Ministries in a practical way by providing the meals then you are the person we are looking for! To request an application then please contact us on"

i did mention it to my "adviser" whilst unemployed and he remarks as its "religeous" it tend to be overlooked ,a fine way to lay down the law ,minimum wage is minimum wage its mandatory not a option whoever it is ,when i applied it was (if i can remember) £5 a day .no doupt they want some christian freak that is to stupid to make a fuss just believe he's off to heaven for his kindness :rolleyes:

seeing its a sect (run by horrobin) its no different to any other sect ,power over the weak and then full control over their lives ,easy when you promiss "healing" nice disturbed people to manipulate ,but ofcourse i'm probably possessed by demons or devils or perhaps satan himself as he likes to paraphrase...often

i'v done an online request for info on a gardening job at peirpoint :lol:

its very bad when people set themselves up in lucrative positions letting their "flock" think they are the sole mouthpeice of god ,power is very corrupting as is money they have both!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the CWR are an aggressive lot having "THREATENED" my mrs when she inadvertantly crossed over a bridge (from waverly abbey ruins to the "institute" )and seem to have over enthusiastic errr guards on their front gate.certainly not a christian act shes little middle aged with a stick not a skulking brute set on burning the place down.ran by an american and we know the sickness in american religioun now its here!!

i posted quite a lot of revealing things about ellel a few years ago after sending in a prospective employment CV ,2 (it may have been four) very close typed lists of to me common things people do ,ticking one made you in their eyes devil worshippers (their words),such things as tattoos ,piercings ,practising yoga ,listening to rock music and a few scores of other common things people do totaly excludes you from applying ,i would regard their leader a control freak not unlike the many so called christian cults we hear about not a simple place of healing!!!!

strangely despite their absolute hate of liqueur they had no problem buying the mariners pub directly opposite changing its name and no doupt vastly overcharging anyone silly enough to stay there ,i suppose they "converted" the pub making it ok or exorcised the "spirits" making it wholesome again :rolleyes:

they also have no respect of the law revealing they "pay" a gratuity rather than basic wage to employees ,probably enough for some manna and some worldly advice etc i may send in another just for the pleasure of posting their vile outlook on "normal" people once again :D

infact its revealed in one of their adverts

URGENT! Head Chef / Chef/Catering Administrator required -Ellel Grange is seeking a committed Christian with training and experience in cooking for large numbers (25 - 125).

A valid Health and Hygiene certificate is required. Must be able to work five days a week including alternative weekends and able to work alongside our current catering team & international Young Peoples Team. The catering administrator/head chef will need to plan menus, order and do stock control and be able to maintain a clean kitchen.

Ellel Ministries is a ministry who are seeking to set the captives free and bringing healing into the lives of hurting people. We provide needs based allowance rather than a normal salary. This allowance will differ depending on whether a person lives on site or not. If living on site then accommodation and all meals will be provided. If you would like to be part of Ellel Ministries in a practical way by providing the meals then you are the person we are looking for! To request an application then please contact us on

i did mention it to my "adviser" whilst unemployed and he remarks as its "religeous" it tend to be overlooked ,a fine way to lay down the law ,minimum wage is minimum wage its mandatory not a option whoever it is ,when i applied it was (if i can remember) £5 a day .no doupt they want some christian freak that is to stupid to make a fuss just believe he's off to heaven for his kindness :rolleyes:

seeing its a sect (run by horrobin) its no different to any other sect ,power over the weak and then full control over their lives ,easy when you promiss "healing" nice disturbed people to manipulate ,but ofcourse i'm probably possessed by demons or devils or perhaps satan himself as he likes to paraphrase...often

i'v done an online request for info on a gardening job at peirpoint :lol:

its very bad when people set themselves up in lucrative positions letting their "flock" think they are the sole mouthpeice of god ,power is very corrupting as is money they have both!

They are all scammers mate. If folks need healing they can go to their GP

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Just the opposite peter I did very well through the majority of the Thatcher years. She didn’t have an axe to grind with commercial fishermen at that time.

A lot of my work colleagues thought that she was great and couldn’t understand why I went round the local clubs with my coal not dole badge on collecting for the miners on strike.

They couldn’t understand why I (with many others from my home town,) went down to London and protested about the virtual police state that we where living in at the time.

“Tyrant” might seam a harsh description to many who went round at the time with there blinkers on. But I ashore you that it does not seam harsh to me and for those who had to live through her deprivation of basic human rights on a daily bases will admire me for using my restraint.

I admire your principles Challenge, if not your descriptive use of words (I think the evil tyrants mentioned accounted for 80m dead minimum, puts the grocers daughter to shame) I'll just accept that once again it proves the point that Maggie must be the most polarizing & keenly felt issue for Britons over the last 30yrs & nobody ever seems to change sides.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

no they delve in your head ,tell you your sick then heal you ,gp's just nod and dont prescribe god at all :rolleyes:

blimey god is kind of lucrative ,just type in your nearest town with "christian" and plenty show up ,mostly charities so they dont pay tax and get a nice sum from the gov to boot ,i may set up the chesters christian training center and go big time!!!! ofcourse i will need a huge house and grounds but if i can get a swish web page i should get the money eventually ,a few words like "healing" or " training" or the like should have "broken" people flocking to give me their money in exchange for a place in heaven ,i may find some sick enough to believe sex healing is real :D

lets think errr having nothing is good jesus said that ,give it to me i'l use it to save other souls

hmmm looks like demons have got a hold ,at least 20 grand to completely cure you maybe more if more than one demon is present.

blimey you look a little "broken" 6 months of godding followed by 6 months of outpatient bible reading should shift that ,ten grand please

looks good! and all tax free :thumbs:

now if i can get you to wave hands ,shout jesus loves me with the occasional swoon when i touch you its america for me :D

Edited by chesters1

no they delve in your head ,tell you your sick then heal you ,gp's just nod and dont prescribe god at all :rolleyes:

blimey god is kind of lucrative ,just type in your nearest town with "christian" and plenty show up ,mostly charities so they dont pay tax and get a nice sum from the gov to boot ,i may set up the chesters christian training center and go big time!!!! ofcourse i will need a huge house and grounds but if i can get a swish web page i should get the money eventually ,a few words like "healing" or " training" or the like should have "broken" people flocking to give me their money in exchange for a place in heaven ,i may find some sick enough to believe sex healing is real :D

lets think errr having nothing is good jesus said that ,give it to me i'l use it to save other souls

hmmm looks like demons have got a hold ,at least 20 grand to completely cure you maybe more if more than one demon is present.

blimey you look a little "broken" 6 months of godding followed by 6 months of outpatient bible reading should shift that ,ten grand please

looks good! and all tax free :thumbs:

He's all knowing, all powerful, omnipotent and crap at handling a budget, he always NEEDS MORE MONEY. He's also crap at the healing, especially if you happen to be an amputee.

Starting your own religion to get rich is not as crazy an idea as you might think. That's what L. Ron Hubbard did, he mad a lot more money from Scientology than he ever did from his crap SF novels.

i always find it strange that gods "wrath" is always inflicted on the poor :rolleyes:

and just to avoid going directly off the topic the church ruined britain and everywhere else by stopping free thinking and the evolution of man by forcibly keeping everyone in the dark ages.

Another nail or two right on the head again mate.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

your sick ,are you wealthy i might have a place in my healing sessions ,looks like a demon with a bit of devil to me.

jesus saves.....unfortunately its not usually his money he's saving :D

Edited by chesters1

your sick ,are you wealthy i might have a place in my healing sessions ,looks like a demon with a bit of devil to me.

jesus saves.....unfortunately its not usually his money he's saving :D

Did you ever see this guy, Peter Popoff? The sad thing is that DESPITE being debunked on the TV years ago this sick b@st@rd is still in business. http://www.peterpopoff.org/. Healing my ass.

yup hes on satellite with plenty of others :rolleyes: its the manna i was speaking of some time ago ,its free ya know ,actually made by the baby jeeeesus in the 30 years he went missing ,only works on one side of fishing boats as bait :D

can you feeel my lurve ,jesus does that he's my bible buddy (didnt say the other buddy just incase) :D

Edited by chesters1