baits for all hallows kent

munty

i have spoots or razor shells ( very large ) blow lug .herring .mackeral.anything else i can try ? have the tides sorted so all i need now is a few tips on where to go etc . for those who dont know allhallows on sea its just nth of Rochester ,near Sheerness. .so anyt help will be appreciated

your only dead when folks forget you

i have spoots or razor shells ( very large ) blow lug .herring .mackeral.anything else i can try ? have the tides sorted so all i need now is a few tips on where to go etc . for those who dont know allhallows on sea its just nth of Rochester ,near Sheerness. .so anyt help will be appreciated

hi there

i usually go to the left of the yacht club, by the first pill box, no need to take any bait'

if you get there on the low tide its pretty easy to dig your own lug not deep mud like some places. you dont get much fishing time as its quite shallow there but i have had some fair schooliies there good luck

i have never caught once the tide is going out

hi there

i usually go to the left of the yacht club, by the first pill box, no need to take any bait'

if you get there on the low tide its pretty easy to dig your own lug not deep mud like some places. you dont get much fishing time as its quite shallow there but i have had some fair schooliies there good luck

i have never caught once the tide is going out

thanks a lot chamios .....so a good fork is called for :thumbs:

thanks a lot chamios .....so a good fork is called for :thumbs:

any other tips for places with deeper water would be helpful .regs munty

• 2 weeks later...

ok so my first week on the thames has come and gone .i fished every bait i had on the sunday the day after my arrival including .squid mackeral herring frozen lug spoots and it was a wipe out but for masses and masses of weed ( bladder wrack ) every retrieve was like hauling in a 20lb cod .i fished the tide up and the first hour of the ebb .next morning i woke early and went down with a thermos mug of tea and a fork and bucket not a soul about on the beach .looking for blow holes i found a fair few close inside the groynes dihgging for an hour on the sandy parts secured me a 100 nice 6 inch + .loads of juveniles to throw backlug chucking back the yellow tails.

I had done enough for the next tide or so i thought , i got to the point to the right of the camp being as i spoke to a local bait digger ( got lug offers from him....he gets £11 a hundred in the shop i offered him £15 for the same amount i dont like shops prices anyways £22.50 a hundred is a rip off if the digger gets £11 and i got his number for him to do shipping for me at the same price :thumbs: anyways back to fishing i had a nice 4 oz double rig on , 2 worm on a hook for tempting the bigguns first cast a bass of 6 inches returned safely second rod got the same then nothing for ages except the hooks came back polished stripped clean of every cell of a lug worm every hook was like this after 10 mins ,could it be crabs i wondered ,maybe ,. but it happened right through to the high tide and beyond , the tide turned and i thought it would get better and it did i had planned to bait big and then cast and lay for 10 mins max in the hope i had bait to offer anything out there . well a doggie came and took both hooks on a rig and coming in close to 2lbs and what looked to be pregnant i returned it carfully .then nothing agian til the tide went carrying tonnes of weed again this was the norm for every tide in the week , loads of weed no fish of all hallows both at the point and the yacht club. will i go again ? yes in winter maybe .thanks to chmois for the tips on digging for my own the lug were bloody good ones .one thing i didnt get to find out was what was eating my worms till i packed up .a local boat boy was on the beach and he had been geting loads of sprats :schmoll:

A good place to try is "the point".

Park by the Pilot Pub and walk behind the freshwater lake to the seawall (or the Grain end of the holiday park) and then walk along the seawall towards Grain , until you come to the part of the seawall that sticks out into the estuary, it is a clearly defined point.

This is an excellent spot for flounders, schoolies and codling and whiting in the Winter.

Although Grain beach is probably a better Winter venue.

The only bait we have ever used along there is lugworm.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

A good place to try is "the point".

Park by the Pilot Pub and walk behind the freshwater lake to the seawall (or the Grain end of the holiday park) and then walk along the seawall towards Grain , until you come to the part of the seawall that sticks out into the estuary, it is a clearly defined point.

This is an excellent spot for flounders, schoolies and codling and whiting in the Winter.

Although Grain beach is probably a better Winter venue.

The only bait we have ever used along there is lugworm.

i reckon it could be a good point for winter fishing cod etc so am willing to give it a go .ty for info matey

i reckon it could be a good point for winter fishing cod etc so am willing to give it a go .ty for info matey

If you fish Allhallows or Grain again Munty, maybe you could know as I fish them regular. There is one place on Grain that I want to try but it's the sort of place that you would fish alone and some company would be good.

The weed you were getting is down to the very large tides over the weekend. It comes up so high that all the crap gets washed back into the sea. Try fishing there again on smaller tides but not neap ones. Use floating beads on your snoods. 2 on each snood.

If you fish Allhallows or Grain again Munty, maybe you could know as I fish them regular. There is one place on Grain that I want to try but it's the sort of place that you would fish alone and some company would be good.

wil bear that in mind matey when .... if winter comes up ;):thumbs: