Sept2015 Florida Inshore Saltwater DaytonaBeach Orlando

Fall is just around the corner, first cool front passing through central Florida, but water temperatures still at summer levels in the low 80’s, Mosquito Lagoon water still cloudy and fairly high, Redfish still in the summer pattern, scattered and in small schools, adult Seatrout roaming the flats and school size Trout off the drop offs and deeper grass, plenty of mullet, both large size in the shallows and finger mullet schools trying to keep a low profile as game fish are always hunting them for lunch. Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish, and Bluefish starting to show up as the first early wave of the fall migration heading south of game fish and mullet, down through the lagoon and along the ocean beach. Hunting Redfish on Mosquito Lagoon remains in summer pattern for a while longer, scattered slot size fish mixed in with bait schools in the flats, and small schools of overslots roaming near the lagoons islands and shallows. Two young couples here on vacation from Atlanta went with me on their first ever flats fishing trip hunting Reds, we had very good action with many good bites, landing several fish, the ladies each caught our best 2 fish, Heather with a 31” spottail.................................

aIJOBJ.jpg

..................... and Dana with her 28” Redfish........................

9NUdkx.jpg

On a mid September flats trip, first time clients from north Florida caught 5 Redfish, mostly early at our first spot in the flats, then catching many Seatrout on deeper grass, off the edges of the flats mid to late morning, the highlight of the trip was the 27.5” Speck caught by Shane on one of the shallow grass flats we hunted.........................

lyieSS.jpg

Brett and Dale drove up from south Florida to hunt Mosquito Lagoon Redfish with me and were not disappointed on their first ever flats experience, having a great time, getting to see some tailing Reds, and catching several good fish, Brett caught the largest of the morning........................

VKw3jM.jpg

A group of friends from central Florida chartered me on a combo trip, part mixed bag variety fishing, a fun start with fast action for a while with Trout, Ladyfish , Jack Crevalle, and more, and part flats fishing, by mid morning we went to the shallows hunting Redfish, Katrina was very happy with her spottail...........................

MIaeas.jpg

.......................and Andrew was also with a good Redfish...........................

U7Vd56.jpg

Repeat client Vic from Orlando booked his annual fall trip and invited his son and friend to come along, we had great results with Trout on live baits, catching many in the slot size, as well as many more small ones carefully released to grow up. Derrick with a good upper slot Speck........................

mQBmHx.jpg

..........................and Vic with one of the 3 Redfish caught early morning at our first shallow flats fishing hole.............................

SAfeSh.jpg

2015 Gulfshore 20’ by Young Boats..................

wAbw4P.jpg

CALM WATER INSHORE SALTWATER FISHING – NO SEA SICKNESS

CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

MOSQUITO LAGOON FLATS FISHING AND INDIAN RIVER

BACKCOUNTRY MIXED BAG SALTWATER FISHING TRIPS

Capt. Michael Savedow

Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
email> EdgewaterRiverGuide@cfl.rr.com

Really looking forward to the new boat when we come down next month for a few days in the mangroves with you.

For any UK anglers considering a trip to the US and fishing, you would really enjoy a day out with Captain Mike. Inshore salt water, light tackle, and no idea what species may decide to slam your bait is fun.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President