Holiday fishing - Corralejo, Fuertaventura

Butt Banger

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

you will find a lot of advice re fuertaventura on here mate. look for a poster called ms1000

he really knows whats going on there as hes resident.

i know he gets stingray from the breakwaters to over 100lb,plus barracuda etc etc.

not familiar, exept in a very general way myself, with the place.

Edited by captain cojones

I've seen some big Tuna there in the early part of the year....there are some big fish, but they're not guaranteed so do tackle up for small stuff too. Bream, mullet etc are reliable and relatively easily caught on smaller coarse type gear. I'll leavbe it to the experts to advise you though if you do a search you'll find a lot of older links.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi Butt Banger!

Check my report here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...l=fuerteventura

When are you going?

I'll be there between 10 and 24 October.

The best spot in Coralejo is at the end of the pier. See my picture in the report above. Deep water good for float fishing for parrot fish on small crabs and any other fish on prawns. Bottom fishing with 3 flapper rig and prawns or baby squid will catch sea bream and boga. Spinning with deep diving 40g plugs from the rocks on the outside of the pier will catch you tuna, blue fish and barracuda - early in the morning or around sunset. Try for the same species from the same spot with live boga on a float with metal trace.

Good luck!

Cheers for the replies guys.

Im going mid Sept Vlad..........not really looking to fish in the deeper water off the rocks if I can help it........more interested in calmer, shallower spots for the mullet as I don't want my 6 year old son getting swept away!!Will just be taking my very light gear......will this be OK?

Cheers

Dean