Fight night

Ken L

Not sure how many fight fans there are on Anglers Net, but anyone who isn't familiar with mixed martial arts, likes a scrap and has Sky TV can aquaint themselves with what the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championships) is all about on Bravo at 9pm or Bravo 2 at 10pm tonight.

There's a couple of scheduled fights that I definatly want to see.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I thought the Randy Couture vs Gabriel Gonzaga fight was great! Gonzaga's face was a real mess and looked like he was struggling to breathe with all the blood from his nose. :black_eye: Gonzaga's big kicks didn't even shake Randy!! :o

Randy looks like he's back to his old self, if not better. :1a: I can't see Cro Cop beating Randy, not while he's in this sort of form.

Good fights, but the adverts drove me nuts! :wallbash:

Randy was rocked twice but kicked back into gear. A hell of a fight.

Koscheck was the real suprise. I expected him to give GSP a scrap but he got dominated.

Glad to see that they're not going back to pay per view for the next one. That seems to have been a failed experiment. The fact that those anoying ads make more money than the PPV is the only reason you get to see it without coughing up though, so I wouldn't moan to much mate.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If anyone isn't sure what UFC is about, here's a sample - but it's not suitable for kids !

Youtube Video ->Original Video

If anyone isn't sure what UFC is about, here's a sample - but it's not suitable for kids !

I'm not sure this is suitable for anyone. How does programming like this benefit society at large, pray tell?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm not sure this is suitable for anyone. How does programming like this benefit society at large, pray tell?/quote]

Combat sports have been with us since the birth of humanity. This is simply the latest evolutionary change.

Given that MMA requires significantly more training and skill than boxing and is probably safer for the combatants, I have no issues with it and would certainly rather watch it over boxing.

Just spoted that it's repeated at 9 tonight on Bravo 2.

Another of those sports that a person either likes or dislikes.

Personally, I like but since SWMBO doesn't I usually only watch when she is away since we have lots of things that we both enjoy to occupy the "we" time.

I'm not sure this is suitable for anyone.

Corydoras, I'm perfectly happy if you don't want to see it but please don't think that since you don't, I should not. Please.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Another of those sports that a person either likes or dislikes.

Personally, I like but since SWMBO doesn't I usually only watch when she is away since we have lots of things that we both enjoy to occupy the "we" time.

Corydoras, I'm perfectly happy if you don't want to see it but please don't think that since you don't, I should not. Please.

Wouldn't suggest it for a moment Newt. That would be one of those logical fallacies that I am always railing some others for using. Nor would I want to ban it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Whew. Good to hear.

I feared for a moment that you had gone over to the dark side and were considering adoption of the, "ban all things that I do not like", position.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President