Alan Taylor Memorial Trophy

spasor

you're on a roll this year norrie :thumbs:

john phoned me earlier and told me about the jonah getting a big girl at last, also the blackmail pic lennie got of john sleeping on the boat :lol:

looking forward to next weekend ;)

Hi Les, Yep, he got one at last....tho it took a lot of effort from the team to get it in,....4 of them I think...;):) He broke the new rod Davy bought !!!! So still a Jonah ...:)

Their are one or two folks on Mull that havent seen the pic of John...but we will sort that this weekend !!! :):)

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

Quick update as I had to come back down the road this morning, due to my dad being involved in a crash this morning on his road up (he's fine, just his pride that's dented :) ).

on Saturday we had a try for a BMD for Lenny but the weather stopped us getting to my usual mark, so plan B was another mark in 600'.. it only produced LSD's :( nSo we gave that up and headed back to LA and anchord just off the west pier. We put down 2 skate rods and a few light rods to play with, after a while i decided to give the 30/50 Atlantis a try to see if I could get a conger on it. Withing 10 min of the flapper hitting the bottom I had a very gentle tap tap take, I hit it and the rod folded.. skate on :(

Gareth (jonah) took over from me and managed to break the 30lb line after about 10 min :(, Apart fropm loads of small Spurs & LSD's nothing else happend.

Yesterday morning seen us back to the same mark and again plenty of small spurs & lsd's and Lenny managed a cracking female Cuckoo ray of 2lb 6oz. Around mid morning one of the skate rods folded over and it was skate on again for gareth. This time not content with only breaking the line the first time, he went the full hog and snapped the brand new Atlantis 50/80. However this time he wasn't getting out of it that easy and with a bit of help we managed to boat the fish, a cracker of 179lb :) By this time the tide had turned so I decided to have another crack at a Conger so down went a flapper on the 30/50 again. There was a few knocks on it but nothing positive and after about 30 min I wound it back up to find a head & shoulders left. I re hooked the bait and sent it back down, about five minutes later I had the gentle tap tap, pull a bit of line tap tap bite of a conger, just on the next tap I tighten in to it and... skate on :(. This one I took myself and in around 40 min we had a fish of 171lb in the boat :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

aye nice one guys looks like a good weekend was had :D pity lenny never got his blackmouth , but a cukoo ray was a very good bonus !! :D

it was guy :D

got some pics but they are threw Photobucket so i cant post them on here.

Norrie sent you some by e-mail let me know if you get them .

Edited by blindog

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

it was guy :D

got some pics but they are threw Photobucket so i cant post them on here.

Norrie sent you some by e-mail let me know if you get them .

Lenny, Got them mate, Thanks for them...

Heres the one you wanted posting up...John will do you in next time he sees you !!!! :):)

The-slavering.jpg

Have Entitled it....The Slavering !!!! :)

BTW, Lenny, Either PM or mail any you want posting up and I'll do them...:)

Edited by Norrie

Theocritis..

Lenny, Got them mate, Thanks for them...

Heres the one you wanted posting up...John will do you in next time he sees you !!!! :):)

The-slavering.jpg

Have Entitled it....The Slavering !!!! :)

BTW, Lenny, Either PM or mail any you want posting up and I'll do them...:)

lol :D thats just john being john everytime hes on davys boat he falls asleep !! .... like the drool though nice capture ,... :clap::clap:

Some more pics from Lenny....I specially like the one of the Cuckoo ray....almost the same size as Lenny :):)

Catchalot034.jpg

Catchalot027.jpg

catchalot029.jpg

Catchalot020.jpg

At one time their were four of them aiding Gareth get his fish in, so we wanted to know, Who's fish was it...:):)

Theocritis..

Does it matter?? :lol: The cuckoo ray is a little belter!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hiya, Well, Thats Sonja ready for her flight tomorrow morning from Amsterdam to Edinburgh.... then off to LA early on Saturday.......she is REALLY looking forward to this trip, if last years is anything to go by.....:):) She will have a great time....:)

Theocritis..