Angling Essentials...

fishy_con

I know its probably one of those annoying kind of questions/posts

but i was wondering if anyone fancied posting,

1) their most essential fishing tip/trick

and

2) their most esssential piece of fishing tackle (rod, line hooks etc are a given im talkin about secret weapons here lol the little extras that make all the difference)

and

3) their most essential thing to avoid.

i know its a pretty generic question but there are foten little gems to be found in threas like these :thumbs:

Connor.

1) It sounds obvious but don't get distracted. As soon as your gaze moves from your float that will be the time when it dips underwater.

2) Disgorger.

3) Believing that spending £00's of pounds on kit will automatically make you a good fisherman.

1, I always carry a pair of binoculars: if the fishing is bad, I can watch wildlife and binoculars have allowed me to spot and observe fish and fish behaviour which has put loads of extra fish on the bank.

2, Bogroll & mosi guard

3,forgetting bogroll and mosi guard :wallbash:

1. Essential tip.

Make plans - don't approach your fishing haphazardly

A/ - Make a mental plan of your swim - either from experience of fishing it before, or by using your plummet and EYES.

B/ - Think out a plan of action - what you are going to do and why. Be prepared to modify that plan if you learn more information as you fish.

2. Essential equipment.

Landing net - set it up BEFORE you do anything else.That first cast may produce a big fish!

3. What to avoid

Spooking the fish - sometimes that means avoiding those "anglers" that spook the fish for you :wallbash:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

1) The most essential fishing tip/trick: Think before you put a line in the water ! Even if you're lure fishing and fishing every peg on a river, look at the water, the features, the flow, the depths and try to work out what fish are likely to be present and where the fish are likely to be and use this information to inform your aproach.

2) The most esssential piece of fishing tackle: The right unhooking tools. I usually carry forceps, pliers and a wire cutter that will cut a 3/0 4X strong treble 'cause you don't always need to only unhook fish !

3) The most essential thing to avoid: Carrying to much tackle. Do you really need a brolly in August when there's no rain forcast for a week ? (OK, so not in 2007, but the question's valid), will you ever use 8 banksticks at a time ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1: Look at the swim and go into "fish" mode - put yourself in the fishes place and decide where you (the fish) would like to be (reason out why) and chuck a bit of feed into that area.

2: I am with Vagabond on this. Set your landing net up BEFORE you touch your rods/poles!!!

3: RELAX!!! You have come out for a days rest and enjoyment, try not to spoil it by worrying why you haven't had a bite yet!!

I have fished in 5 hour matches where I haven't had a BITE for 4 hours, and then it has been frenetic for the last hour!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

1. Most essential fishing tip/trick:

Preparation for various eventualities and not hurrying to fish. 3 hours spent walking the banks before casting a line is infinitely better than 3 hours in the wrong place.

2. Most esssential piece of fishing tackle:

Sharp hooks and a trusted landing net. Both absolutely essential.

3. Most essential thing to avoid:

Spooking the fish before even setting up. No point walking the banks for 3 hours only to scare the fish before even casting!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music