Critique & Comment.

MrWiggly

Critique & Comment.

-------------------------------

Not sure you've got it right ? Need a bit of advice ? Why don't your pictures look better ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why not post them on here , and our "Resident Experts" :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163: will offer you some "Advice and Encouragement!" :bangin::clap3::thumbdown::group:

-------------------------------------------------------

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The shot would have been better if you have focused on the purple petals and blurred out the background by using F2.8 or similar.

Your camera has focused on the greenery making the main object blurred. If you have a manual focus use it :)

Lastly, flash. Dont use it. Unless you know what you are doing all it does it create harsh shadows and washes out any colour and detail that may have been there.

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Guest Shots for fun

Thanks for that, I will give that a go tomorrow and post the result. I think it will take me a while to set it up in manual. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with lol. Using Manual Settings or even on aperture priority mode is alot better than just picking auto. You will learn more and start to think more about your photographs :)

Good luck :)

Joel

Guest Shots for fun
This is the first try with my Cannon Ixus V2

IMG_0080.jpg

Taken on auto.

F9

1/60 sec

Resolution 180 dpi H&V

Well here we are, the problem with my little compact is that in manual you do not have speed or aperture priority, so i selected to take the shot in manual with a fixed focal length which i hoped would then ensure a low aperture which it has at F2.8.

Speed is 1/25th.

Res 180dpi H&V.

Focussetmacro.jpg

You decide.

Guest Shots for fun
Thats better but the flower is still not very sharp. Just a thought but maybe you're a little close when shooting? I could be wrong though.

HB.

Yes you are correct i was shooting on macro about 100mm from the subject would it be better to be further away and zoom in a little?

Yes, Stand a good 3ft away and zoom in. Make sure you only use your optical zoom.

In this situation, a good sturdy tripod or stool will help alot. Even better would be to set it up on timer mode. This will ensure you dont move or shake the camera when you press down the shutter.

Hopefully you can see the difference already in the above too shots. Lets make it 3rd time lucky lol :)

Guest Shots for fun

Here are all three shots together, i think there is an improvement with my little point and shot what do you think.

IMG_0080.jpg

Focussetmacro.jpg

astatwo.jpg