Grayling Fishing River Test Timsbury

Tony U

Many thanks to Tony, Sue and Lyn for all their effort from me too :thumbs::thumbs:

Caught some clonking fish, but my god it was cold and wet experience. Oh well, I plan a trip back to the Test some times next week so lets just hope I have more luck with the weather then.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jigotai ,just seen your post ,dame i ment to have a good look at your pin ,I forgot all about it .it looks great from the pictures n the post .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Mods

We can probably unpin this thread now.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Firstly I'd like to say a big thank you to Tony and Sue for setting this up and to Lyn for the hot chocolate and Mince pies.

Well where to start, the plan was to meet up with everybody for breakfast but it didn't quite go to plan thanks to the AA routefinder sending us back to the same roundabout twice and my total lack of map reading skills. We managed to get ourselves lost and ended up being an hour late. I did have some bacon and sausage in the car but was so keen to start fishing that I decided to leave these till lunch time. We, my younger brother and I, started on the fast carrier where I wanted to give him some trotting lessons. I set up 2 match rods with 2SSG chubba's and cast to the middle of the flow to show little bro how it was done. Just at the end of the run my float disappeared and my first grayling of the morning made it's way to the net. Next cast and the same thing happened again this one was bigger at about a pound. Time to give bro a cast, unfortunately it took another 45mins before he caught his first ever grayling, all 6oz of it. He did manage a 4 half pound brownie which was extremely long for it's weight our final tally was 7 Grayling up to a pound and that brownie. We called it a day at about half 3 when my hands were starting to sting with cold for the first time and I was struggling to put maggots on the hook. After a very welcome hot chocolate and mince pie we were on our way home. I wont give to many details as to what happened later but lets just say that the snow was so bad here in Worcestershire that my car got well and truely stuck and we had to walk 4 miles through 6 inches of white stuff to get to a nice warm bed :( . Not a day I will forget any time soon.

Roll on the itchen.

Effort equals reward!!

Cool :roll1::fish: you certainly won't forget it ,in a hurry , :o at least it was worth it :thumbs:

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Heidi from Timsbury Fishing has sent me the following message:

One of your members left a membership book, hat & gloves etc on the river. Is anyone missing anything?

If anyone is missing their stuff PM me and I will pass on her contact details to you.

Regards

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hi Tony

They belong to Dave.. ( Dave Harden - Breamagain )

He wanted to add a post asking if anyone had seen them, but his work computer has crashed taking all his passwords and email addresses with it.

If you PM me with details I can either phone or email them to him.

Cheers

Andrew Boyd

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Tony

They belong to Dave.. ( Dave Harden - Breamagain )

He wanted to add a post asking if anyone had seen them, but his work computer has crashed taking all his passwords and email addresses with it.

If you PM me with details I can either phone or email them to him.

Cheers

Thanks boys , all safely returned now.

Cheers.