Grayling Fishing River Test Timsbury

Tony U

Thanks for thinking of me guys :):)

I’m really, really looking forward to this one. Working my butt off in the day job and doing up my new house the since this summer has more or less stopped me entirely from wetting a line or indeed being active on the forum, but things should hopefully be back to normal in a week or two.

Cheers

Vidar

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tony,

put my cheq. in the post , can you confirm receipt .

Thanks

Dave Harden.

Dave

Your Cheque and all of the others contacted initially have been recieved

thanks for that.

We are still waiting on a couple of other late responses surname spelling errors etc.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Not long now eh! PLEASE let there be a little colour in the slow carrier...

It was the clearest I've ever seen it when I went down a couple of weeks ago.

Saw hefty lumps of carp and harder to spot roach in the slow carrier trying to make the most of the scant cover available, and very shy of any disturbance or baits with a hidden hook (gudgeon, small roach and smaller perch were all that seemed to want to play, Oh! and minnows).

The main river and fast carrier were both fishing their heads off, especially in the shallows.

Plenty of grayling, and too many brownies (only caught 1 rainbow who really didn't want to come in).

But then it could all change between now and then!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

It was the clearest I've ever seen it when I went down a couple of weeks ago.

Saw hefty lumps of carp and harder to spot roach in the slow carrier trying to make the most of the scant cover available, and very shy of any disturbance or baits with a hidden hook (gudgeon, small roach and smaller perch were all that seemed to want to play, Oh! and minnows).

The main river and fast carrier were both fishing their heads off, especially in the shallows.

Plenty of grayling, and too many brownies (only caught 1 rainbow who really didn't want to come in).

But then it could all change between now and then!

Typical! Still, it sounds pretty inviting nonetheless... :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I am going through 2 emotions at present, I'm getting exicted for you all that are going and the 2nd is saddness at not being able to fish with you but.................. I will be down after football to say hi and raise a glass for meatballs at the end of the day.

Tony, I will bring the camper van down and you can use it to warm the mulled wine. pm me if you would like me to bring anything else

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

well ,i'll be packing some wellies/waders as i went down this time last year and the paths by the carriers was a quadmire after twenty of us marched up and down them all day ! :fish: ,i'll don't wether or not to bring my kelly kettle thingy or not yet ? ,don't like to take too much ,its bad enough taking 4 rods & reels (+ 1)

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i would like to say i don't care where i fish on the day ,so long as its in my favourite swim :P

timsburymanor.jpg

well just for the first few hours at least ,as i plan to wonder down to the little wier at the side of the footbridge (bottom left of picture) then up one of the carriers to the pool by the picknic area for a spot of ledgerng.going to ledger some breadflake over some wheat i think .

( Ps...map reference here you can zoom right in ,

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i would like to say i don't care where i fish on the day ,so long as its in my favourite swim :P

timsburymanor.jpg

well just for the first few hours at least ,as i plan to wonder down to the little wier at the side of the footbridge (bottom left of picture) then up one of the carriers to the pool by the picknic area for a spot of ledgerng.going to ledger some breadflake over some wheat i think .

( Ps...map reference here you can zoom right in ,

That's where I spent most of my time last year - race you! :P Actually this time I'm planning to explore further downstream. That was such a good swim I got a bit sidetracked last year. I even had Jigotai poaching it from the next swim up :P

I will be giving the fast carrier a fair go and would like to catch something - anything! - from the slow carrier. I say anything, what I mean is a huge roach :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music