Camouflage this, camouflage that, camouflage everything!

goosequill

Obviouly the wrong stuff then. If you got a photo, we can probably suggest some changes to him.

camo1.jpg

camo2.jpg

camo3.jpg

camo4.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviouly the wrong stuff then. If you got a photo, we can probably suggest some changes to him.

the thing is, i bet there wouldnt be many complaining about the first one sitting in an opposit swim :lol: where i fish, the camouflage thing is wasted, because like ive said before from the fishes perspective i would be silouhetted against the sky.

Connor.

from the fishes perspective i would be silouhetted against the sky.

Simple solutions then.

- fish where you have trees behind you rather than open sky or

- modify your silhouette to look like a bush or small building or something.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Its all a load of Bullhooks :rolleyes: just to make you spend money and make you feel your good at something, clearly not fishing :wallbash: Ive fished in a white shirt with trout only a couple of feet away from me , with a flyrod flashing back and forth not even a wiggle from them.van porter used to wear red all in one , now hes obssesed with camo, how in gods name are fish going to see what on the bloody bank :wallbash:

I wear quite a bit of camo and I could care less about what the fish can see.

Generally camo items are designed with outdoor sports like fishing or shooting in mind and are comfortable and well suited to the purpose.

I'm sitting in front of my PC now in a camo tee shirt. Not that I'm trying to hide from wife or PC but because it has a nice pocket for carrying stuff I want to carry and it cut to fit my largish frame.

Camo makes good sense for use with certain types of shooting where your intended target is wary. Waterfowl for instance and deer, elk, turkey, etc. I started buying it because the fishing tackle shop I frequent most often also has supplies (including clothing) for shooters and I could get durable and comfortable items at decent prices.

I'm with Newt, I have camo that I use for shooting but it is so comfortable that my camo stuff is now part of my fishing attire and sometimes just dossing about indoors, it's also nice and light so you can wear the trousers instead of shorts and not get sun burn.

The other advanted is that any dirt you get on it just blends in and is easy to clean.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

I wonder if goosey realised this thread would be so contraversial?? :lol: i guess it doesnt really matter in the slightest what you wear, im sure you could go down in speedos and catch something ( a cold most likely in the uk ) i dont think anyone was disputing that, i think the discussion was about wether it was effetive or not, which again really doesnt bother me if t works or doesnt at the moment i'd try a witch doctor to try and catch a good sized fish :P i my gut tells me that DPM clothing would make more sense to wear compared to say, a flourescent green shell suit? ut then my gut tells me that dominos pizza is much better for me than a ham salad. In short what im trying to say is wtf do i know anyway LOL :doh::fishing1::drunk:

Edited by fishy_con

Connor.

To me the camo thing seems to be more a part of the image which goes hand in hand with rod pods, 3/4lb TC rods and long range fishing and the rest of the gubbins designed to make you part with your money.

I've seen many folk dressed up to the max in camo gear but still banging around on the bank and making so much noise the fish were probably long gone lol !

I remember driving past Linear on my way home with my girlfriend in the dark earlier in the year, and there were a couple of carpers stood beside the road all camo'd up, lit up by the headlights. 'What are they, soldiers?', she asked. 'Erm, no, fishermen', said I.

'Wow, that's tragic', quoth she.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music