Made in China ?

teebee

I'm looking at various US websites for an Abu 6601C4 (typically around $90 over there) :rolleyes:

Now, I thought all Abu's were Swedish made - seems these come from China !

Anyone know if they're any good ??

Wouldn't really know how reliable the new generation of abu's are, they certainly are cheap compared with the ones that were made in sweden, my ones got a sticker on the reel seat, made in taiwan. bg9000ct paid about forty quid for it. It's so cheap i'll abuse it and get another if it lasts more than a year.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Now, I thought all Abu's were Swedish made - seems these come from China !

All the Abu multipliers 7000 series and bigger have been made in Taiwan for the past few years. Production of 6000 series and smaller reels continued in Sweden but if your 6601 is made in Taiwan that may have now changed as well.

My local dealer reckons they'll all be Chinese-made soon :(

End of an era.

I remember when we all said that about Japanise Kit.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

The trouble is it takes a decade to get it right :rolleyes:

Fair comment mate :thumbs:

I have got to be honest though I am not the tackle Tart that I used to be I now go for a bit of gear that does the job that i need rather than How it looks, Some of the £25 leeder Bass rods are fantastic.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

At present all 6500 and below are still made in Sweden, all above this size were moved to the far east to bring down cost's this however had a few issues as they dont have many scruples over there and reels were copied etc etc, Pure Fishing (owner of Abu Garcia) then set up there own factory so the same standard as Sweden should come through will the new series of reels, there is no talk of 6500's and below being moved from the swedish plant.

In all cases the reels have the Abu Garcia warrenty so you have little to worry about should you have a problem, we sold plenty of the Abu 7000 (red) the first reel to be moved across with only a few having a problem with a spring, as an Abu Performance Centre this was an easy fix and all our stock had the spring replaced.

At present all 6500 and below are still made in Sweden, all above this size were moved to the far east to bring down cost's this however had a few issues as they dont have many scruples over there and reels were copied etc etc, Pure Fishing (owner of Abu Garcia) then set up there own factory so the same standard as Sweden should come through will the new series of reels, there is no talk of 6500's and below being moved from the swedish plant.

In all cases the reels have the Abu Garcia warrenty so you have little to worry about should you have a problem, we sold plenty of the Abu 7000 (red) the first reel to be moved across with only a few having a problem with a spring, as an Abu Performance Centre this was an easy fix and all our stock had the spring replaced.

:clap2: Shakespeare started their factory there over 10 years ago and it's well run and the quality control is as good as here. Penn moved a lot of their production over to there a few years ago and although they had quality control problems to begin with they are now sorted. Now that Pure Fishing, Penn and Shakespeare (K2) are all under the same ownership I would assume that the majority, if not all production will move to China in the next few years. All the machinery will work over there, they just need the quality staff, which they have between them now. So let's see if we notice the difference, I don't think we will. :clap2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Sep 9 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: Shakespeare started their factory there over 10 years ago and it's well run and the quality control is as good as here. Penn moved a lot of their production over to there a few years ago and although they had quality control problems to begin with they are now sorted. Now that Pure Fishing, Penn and Shakespeare (K2) are all under the same ownership I would assume that the majority, if not all production will move to China in the next few years. All the machinery will work over there, they just need the quality staff, which they have between them now. So let's see if we notice the difference, I don't think we will. :clap2:

Must agree Norm B, quality shall be OK and prices remain unchanged further swelling the coffers of Shakespeare and Co. with no benefit to the angler. :wallbash:

Safety habits last a lifetime.