Smashed up.

Steve Coppolo

Elton, was it like this one I had on saturday? :spiteful: :-

mark%2012-11-9%202web.jpg

It went 12-11-9 on certified scales. I was really chuffed with it until someone else weighed one of 16-4-3 ten minutes later!!

It was one of our 2 bass festivals over the weekend - 186 anglers entered, best in the boat wasthe 16lber, best shore was 10-1. There were 7 double-figure bass caught in the boat section. By the way - the 16lber was perhaps only an inch longer than mine, but it was so much chunkier and fatter.

When I'm bassing I set my drag a bit lighter than really necessary and use my thumb on the spool when pumping or holding the fish.

:clap2: Nice skate bait. Nice fish for a B-B-Q or feeding the 5,000. :clap2:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any body thought it could have been something that had taken the bass :headhurt::cc_surrender::thumbs:

Yeah, the thought did enter my head for about half a second, but that isn't what happened yesterday.

Bob Cox once lost a good bass to a seal while fishing from my boat. It followed the bass up and grabbed it by the belly, on the surface, just as I was getting ready to net it. Then it sat there looking at us with the fish hanging out of it's mouth for a few seconds before taking off at high speed. It started stripping line at a fair old rate, and Bob had to stick his thumb on the spool to break it. Then the bloody thing stayed with us for the rest of the day, surfacing a few feet behind the boat every so often, although it didn't seem interested in any of the smaller fish we caught.

I'm afraid it was just a good old fashioned big bass take.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Elton, was it like this one I had on saturday? :spiteful: :-

mark%2012-11-9%202web.jpg

It went 12-11-9 on certified scales. I was really chuffed with it until someone else weighed one of 16-4-3 ten minutes later!!

It was one of our 2 bass festivals over the weekend - 186 anglers entered, best in the boat wasthe 16lber, best shore was 10-1. There were 7 double-figure bass caught in the boat section. By the way - the 16lber was perhaps only an inch longer than mine, but it was so much chunkier and fatter.

When I'm bassing I set my drag a bit lighter than really necessary and use my thumb on the spool when pumping or holding the fish.

Well done, nice fish. I would be happy with that one let alone the 16 pounder. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Serves you right for using 8lb mono Murph - you wally! What ever posessed you. Still, i don't suppose you were expecting to hook into anything of that size were you.

I've been smashed a few times - only last week I was reduced to a pile of dribbling mess by a gallon of Scrumpy!

On a more serious note, I was totally destroyed by a big bass last year while fishing live mackerel out of Lymington. I just couldn't stop the thing - even on 20lb braid. Sometimes the fish get the better of you, it's just makes you more determined the next time you go out.

(Keep the 8lb mono for mullet fishing in the marina... Oops, that's a bit of a sore point on here isn't it! LOL) :headhurt:

Elton.. did you not learn anything from the newsgroups :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

A good angler would not have been using the drag on line as light as 8lb.. you should have been back winding.. at least then you would have had crushed knuckles to show for it :thumbs::thumbs:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

I always recommend backwinding to anglers fishing large F/S for Yellowfins and Amberjacks ...

:lol:

I can just imagine it -

Fish on!! ....ohhhh thwack wack wack wack wack ow ow oww twack wack wack ping! #*#%!

Dave B - If you're on the boat you don't really have to worry about 'stopping' a bass as they don't crashdive and try to snag you up like a pollack would. I had mine in a 4.5knot tide in 20ft of water over kelpy ground and didn't have any trouble with it. Just let the fish charge around and tire itself out. The 16lber was caught on 14lb line apparently, almost certainly over similar ground to mine.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

At sea bad knots, have cost me Good fish,never my Reel,

Lost some huge stocked trout through not having my wits about me when they have made run.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

At sea bad knots, have cost me Good fish,never my Reel,

Hi Five's about a fortnight ago, one of the guys on the boat lost what looked like a good size blonde ray, his old abu was working, but soon as a bit of pressure was put on it he could not wind in at all, fifteen minute's or so later his line parted. I think he is in line for a new reel.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..