Terrible season

Skridlov

On the rivers I fish this has been the worst season of the last three - by far, with many blank or near blank days and almost no decent sized fish all season. I could understand it when the weather was really terrible, with massive amounts of very cold water coming down, but it hasn't got any better since the weather improved at the end of August. I'm talking about all species - Carp, Tench, Bream (still one or two of them most sessions) and even small silver fish. The situation has been the same on the tidal and non-tidal sections of the rivers. Speaking to other people I'm getting the same response.

What's happening elsewhere?

What's happening elsewhere?

My season only really started a few weeks ago, due to non-fishing time pressures, and floods. Since then I've been to the Severn three times and the Avon once and caught nowt. This time last year I was catching some decent barbel and bream on the same venues.

In desperation, last night I had a short post-work spinning session on the canal and managed to pull out a single jack.

That's been it, so far.

Derek

I've had roach to just short of two pounds, chub to over four, dace to a pound, bream to seven, pike to twenty six and rudd to over two, so got to admit it, a pretty good season, so far. Infact I have to say that it must be one of my best in recent years.

Well i cant really comment about the season as i have not got anything to compare it against and i haven tbeen fishing enough THIS season, but i will sy that i was astonished by the amount of fry i saw in the eddies and shallow spots todayall just a couple of inches long, i was chucking handfuls of mixed bait in to feed them up, it was fun watching them pounce on the food as it dropped, hopefully some of them will grow into decent fish in a few years time!

Connor.

we cant all have good seasons every season, i bet some anglers have had the season of a lifetime this year, while others have had a rubbish season. you need a crap season to make the other good seasons seem extra good. I know its no real consolation, but i think its true.

but yes, i havent had a brilliant season, mainly because ive been all over the shop (in a geographical sense, not a drunken sense!) and as such i havent really concentrated on any one type of fishing. although, having said that i have had a 18-20lb plus pike (didnt have scales) from a welsh mountain lake, which was fun, and ive had my 1st bass, a 4lb fish, and ive had a few sea trout which is a 1st for me. its been an inconsistent season i think.

I havent had any big chub this season, but i guess that because i havent really been on their case.

good luck next season!

Been very varied down south but has got really tough recently since it's been dry and the river level has dropped....I have no idea where all the double pike have gone.

Been speaking to a few anglers along the bank and they seem to have a theory that the floods have ripped out a lot of the weed & haunts of fish so they have moved to different spots etc.

My season so far has been superb, despite the terrible flooding - but that's only because I've travelled far and wide and called a few favours in!

Locally it's been either non-existant or terrible.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music