Other field sports

Guest J.Iddon

Not quite sure about the dog chasing rabbit pics................pity we don't have sound on AN, then we could all hear the screams of terror................

Den

Each to there own Den, but its probably quite similar to the noise made by cattle/sheep/pigs etc as they are lined up one after the other awaiting the fate of the one in front as they are put to there death in an alien environment of a slaughter house, i know which way id rather go, and at least i know where my food comes from!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at those ickle doggies playing with those big mouses :D

No... they are dogs killing a rat by tearing it apart, still working on your street cred to impress the impressionable are we?

Each to there own Den, but its probably quite similar to the noise made by cattle/sheep/pigs etc as they are lined up one after the other awaiting the fate of the one in front as they are put to there death in an alien environment of a slaughter house, i know which way id rather go, and at least i know where my food comes from!

Are you sure? Have you actually seen how animals are slaughtered, or is it just spin to support what you do?

And if you are so proud of hunting with dogs why did you scratch out your face in the photo's ?

i think you live a very sheltered life fluffy ,you love the emotive words .

they chomp it ,shake it and its dead end of story ,same with foxes ,same what foxes do and rats do and weasels do .

if theres two foxes it gets torn apart the same as you do with your teeth on a chicken leg but in both cases the victims dead and past caring.

animals kill animals as quickly as possible they cannot afford to be damaged by their prey ,only cats play with live animals and mother animals teaching their sprogs to hunt.

and yes i have seen within slaughter houses ,been fox hunting ,kept ferrets and dogs cats and rabbits ,worked in a chicken "processing" plant ,seen animals kill animals in the wild ,anything else?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I hunt using Air rifle or shotgun, anything that can be used after it has been shot gets used either by myself or my reptiles.

I started to get into clay pigeon shooting but since the cart price rise it's getting hard to justify rounding off 100 carts if less than an hour.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

i think you live a very sheltered life fluffy ,you love the emotive words .

they chomp it ,shake it and its dead end of story ,same with foxes ,same what foxes do and rats do and weasels do .

if theres two foxes it gets torn apart the same as you do with your teeth on a chicken leg but in both cases the victims dead and past caring.

animals kill animals as quickly as possible they cannot afford to be damaged by their prey ,only cats play with live animals and mother animals teaching their sprogs to hunt.

and yes i have seen within slaughter houses ,been fox hunting ,kept ferrets and dogs cats and rabbits ,worked in a chicken "processing" plant ,seen animals kill animals in the wild ,anything else?

Sheltered life that's a laugh, well maybe I dont get my kicks from ebay so I will leave the life in the fast lane to you.

The question I asked about slaughtering wasn't addressed to you, but the reply is very much yours, same old comments in a style that would be more suited to someone who has less years behind them.

same old fluffy cant counter so resorts to slurs :rolleyes:

very playground ish and i believe a view of real life based around disney videos where all the fluffy animals speak and coexist in perfect harmony.

did you get your name from watership down ,probably not its got nasty things in it :rolleyes:

in the real world old animals rarely exist most die through predation or disease they don't turn into ghost bunnies and dance around in the air ,its a nasty spitefull world out there and animals suffer nasty ends.

what next my spelling? grammer? punctuation?

why dont you just this once counter posts through picking on each statement and counter it rather than cherry picking one word or sentence out of many and coming up with a "smart" jibe that you can point out to your friend and chuckle over cleverly avoiding answering anything constructive!

whoops i forgot to put a punctuation mark between n and t in don't there we are your answer already set out for you :rolleyes:

"chesters1 cant spell or use capitol letters and he's fat " just cut and paste it into the answer box ! ,all true as well just the same as most other things i bother to write and contribute here ,i don't give a fig if i'm proved wrong but make an effort to do it correctly.

i suspect though your old "cant be bothered" remark will come to the fore its becoming your standard response to most things that disagree with your view of life but doing a little research may bring up your view is wrong and upset you so its avoided.

so bring up your silly slurs it makes you feel better i'm sure ,i will continue as usual to write as i feel totally ignoring those that disagree but cant be bothered to respond in a constructive manner ,and i will be the first to correct my statement /posts or views if its incorrect

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes Rabbit, I have seen how animals are slaughtered. I have also seen how they are kept, how they are transported and how they are processed at market, none of which impresses me much.

I agree with chesters1, you do seem to be very selective about which points you respond to and which you ignore.

I don't care much what your eating habits are, you can eat raw chicken 5 times a day as far as I am concerned. What doesn't impress me is the patronising tone taken to a young man who enjoys his field sport and wants to share his experiences.

"When you get as old and wise as me son, you will realise the error of your ways and never be responsible for the death of another creature"

Your quite happy to go out and torment the creatures you profess to love by fishing for them, and your content to risk their lives in the process, just for your own pleasure, so it doesn't put you (and all the other anti field sports anglers) in a very good light does it.

Whats for dinner tonight? Did the meat on YOUR plate have a natural life and a quick death?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

perhaps his meat comes from an old animals home where it all dies of old age with its friends at its bedside and leaves its body to processing in its will or is a super vegan who only eats air err so long as it hasent been inhaled by animals ofcourse.

does rabbit have a bio dome like micheal jackson :D

just joking rabbit but you do leave yourself open at times ;)

Look my point is pictures are posted on here depicting dogs killing wildlife or 'vermin' OK we know its legal to do so, but why do we have to be subjected to the pictures of the kill? my theory is that by using AN the people that do this seek some sort of approval for what they di. These people are then supported by Sportsman and the like by telling all and sundry that angling is no better in that by the action of fishing that I am no better because I torture fish by catching and releasing.

Can I remind Sportsman and the like that this is a Angling Forum and to compare angling with such activities as Hunting With Dogs as to its justifiable merits is not at all as a great deal of anglers see OUR sport Angling. hunting with dogs has been banned with the exceptions that we see portrayed in that post.

It is the last ditch effort of a few to bring a more acceptable side of this cruel 'sport' through this forum. You may support it with a few likeminded people but I will bet that a vast amount of people would not and feet that hunting with dogs has no place in society in the 21st century. No doubt this activity will be confined to history where it belongs before too long.