New PB

rooney888

Ive had 3 weights over 50lB but the Ton still eludes me, but im gettin there, I got all the 3 weights this year aswell, suprising as my club has said theve caught less this year than normal because of th weather.

My first 50lb+ was early summer i had 51lb 80z of Carp, took them all on waggler and meat down the the side along the dam at Leegomery Pool.

Then My new PB2 Weeks ago i got 53Lb 10oz of Carp using a lead and popping up the bread on the top. I had 34Lb 10o in the contest and came 3rd 4oz off 2nd. I had 7 Carp 1 was 10Lb and the other 9lB, the others were about 3Lb each. Then after the contest i had another 19Lb of carp off the top on the pole next to the Island. I caught them at Kingswell pool at Cheswardine wandering if anyone had fished it before.

I returned to Kingswell yesterday with me chair and 2 Carp Rods to have a realaxing day in the sun, i chucked the rods into the shadows either side of the peg. I Mostley caught early on and At the end, i had and impressive 27 Carp by the end. I thought i had 60Lb mt totting up the sizes in my head. When we came to wegh i had some touble the net out so i called my Grandad over but we struggled. I called our lift over(phil) and got the out and Weighed them in, i smahsed my previous pb by some margin and weighed in at 87LB 8oz, i was overjoyed but aswell anoyed as i lost 5 carp at the net which would have topped me over the Ton, hopefully ill return in the next fortnight and try again..

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png

Two rods and a keepnet.

Man you must have looked a right prat.

Apart from massaging your ego can you give me one reason for keeping eighty odd pounds of carp in a keepnet on a pleasure session?

Surely its better to buy a set of scales, weigh the fish and release them immediately and just keep the total in a notebook.........

wolf.gif

Apart from massaging your ego can you give me one reason for keeping eighty odd pounds of carp in a keepnet on a pleasure session?

Given that most pleasure anglers fishing for bream seem to try their best to put 100lb of fish in a net are carp a more fragile or more precious fish ?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Given that most pleasure anglers fishing for bream seem to try their best to put 100lb of fish in a net are carp a more fragile or more precious fish ?

Have to agree....don't really see the difference.

I'd happily stuff 100lb of carp in a keep net......if I I could catch them lol

Sorry to jump on the band wagon but it does seem a bit pointless keeping all these fish in a landing net.

Incidentally, how long were you fishing for?

One hell of a LANDING net Mat :o;)

I assume that several keepnets were used, not just one.

While this type of carp fishing is not for me, I do realise that a match angler will retain fish in practise sessions.

I no longer match fish, but do use keepnets on occasions, when I deem it necessary.

The only problem with carp, apart from the obvious over crowding issue is the type of mesh used. The dorsal fin is prone to 'snagging' if the mesh is too large, this applies to barbel as well.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John