Pier or break water fishing in the winter

Dave H

I will be close to the sea this winter so i thought i would enter the world of pier/breakwater fishing concentrating on Eastbourne and Newhaven and wondered on if anyone has experience in this area . I am familiar with beech fishing especially off Dungeness although many yarns back.

I dont really care what i catch although stocking the freezer would be nice with the usual fish and i might venture out in a boat if the weather is OK for a bit of wrecking all though i am quite familiar with that but it is pier and breakwater fishing for me ( i must be getting old :crazy: )

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I have only had it happen once in the sea. I was fishing for bass in the rock gulleys on a flooding tide, free lining peeler crab. Don't know what it was, but it was heading for Ireland and not giving me any say in the matter!

Had one while wrecking and was convinced i had a large ling until i got it under control and then knew it was dunking like a conger. It was not big as big go weighing in at 53lb 1 oz but still a good fish...It was the best ever day i had catching Gurnard too. :yahoo:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• 1 year later...