Advice Please

Alan D

Dont let yourself be put off by the remarks. Go and enjoy yourself. You have a rod licence the same as them and a right to fish the method of your choice

Tight lines fella

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont let yourself be put off by the remarks. Go and enjoy yourself. You have a rod licence the same as them and a right to fish the method of your choice

Tight lines fella

Cheers Wayne, looks like I`d better catch something big a week monday then or I`ll look a right numpty after all this! ;-)

Only joking, half the enjoyment for me is just being somewhere nice, by the waterside with only the sound of nature to keep me company! :)

Only joking, half the enjoyment for me is just being somewhere nice, by the waterside with only the sound of nature to keep me company! :)

Don't start playing things down now, i will be bumping this back to the top a week on Monday to find out how you got on. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Average size 6-8lb..ignore the 'attitude; and fill your boots! Hope you catch

Cheers Neil. I popped by this lake today with my 2 year old to have a bit of a lookaround. Really like the look of it. The fish were really active and I`m praying the mild weather continues another week so I give myself the best chance of catching some decent fish.

I popped by this lake today with my 2 year old to have a bit of a lookaround. Really like the look of it. The fish were really active and I`m praying the mild weather continues another week so I give myself the best chance of catching some decent fish.

Is your 2 year old as confident of catching something as you are?..... ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Cheers Andy, while one day in the future I do fancy a go at piking, its one form of fishing I dont have the tackle for and dont want to attempt it unless I have someone more experienced with me to show me how to handle one safely (thats me AND the fish) and remove the lure/hooks. For now I`ll content myself with trying to catch a nice fish anything bigger than 5lb. I`m planning on using a medium/heavy feeder rod with matching reel and most likely 8lb mainline and a 6lb hair-rigged hooklength and either a semi-fixed method feeder or a free-running leger. I haven`t a clue how I`ll do but I`m confident I`ll come back and have a story or two to tell.

Cheers for all the kind words and support lads. You really are the best bunch :)

Your tackle sounds good enough to me,i use a similar setup but mainly with a semi fixed lead/pva stick and i've caught plenty of decent sized carp.Just make sure the fish can take line on it's initial run.As for the La-La on the other forum,he's talking out of his bullet hole and he needs one of budgies camo multipliers ramming up it.. :D

Your tackle sounds good enough to me,i use a similar setup but mainly with a semi fixed lead/pva stick and i've caught plenty of decent sized carp.Just make sure the fish can take line on it's initial run.As for the La-La on the other forum,he's talking out of his bullet hole and he needs one of budgies camo multipliers ramming up it.. :D

LOL, I just snorted half a cup of tea through my nose reading that last post wellyphant. Nice one ;-)