Tired of holding my pole!

MatNewman

I am tired of holding my pole! (No jokes please :headhurt: )

I have a seat box with square legs. I was thinking of a pole arm or an over and under pole support.

What is the best and where will I find one reasonably cheap?

Is there any other good methods of freeing up my hands?

Any advice much apreciated!

This guy seems to have the answer, he visits forums as well and may be available to advise.

http://www.realideas.eu/

Shaun, Still learning how to fish.

This guy seems to have the answer, he visits forums as well and may be available to advise.

http://www.realideas.eu/

I havent used one of these things so maybe I am wrong but the way the pole is being held in that picture is all wrong. Even if the claw is taking some of the weight, holding a pole that way results in poor posture and does not allow the angler to feed or move the pole to accomodate wind or to move/follow floats etc. Learn to hold the pole comfortably then position a spray bar so that it helps take the some of the weight of the pole whilst in the correct position.

Doesn't save the embarrassment of blanking using rod and line when the pole is the better option, though - it's called multi-skilling! Don't knock it till you've tried it.

The cheek of it! I used to use one quite regularly. Admittedly, it was an old fibreglass one that somebody gave me, but it was quite handy for knocking all the soot out of the chimney, years ago, when I used to live in a flat.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.