Rubber landing nets

Toerag

Calling all lure anglers - I had a lot of trouble recently untangling bass caught on big rapala magnums from my shakespeare landing net and have decided to get one of the rubber mesh ones I've seen on telly. Does anyone know where I can get one, or have any other input? It'll be used in saltwater so has to be corrosionproof.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Askari sell a few but they're the only suplier od rubber nets that I know of in the UK.

Some here http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...rentId=cat20166 but pstage is going to cost you.

A more practical option might be one of the "lure proof" nets sold for pike fishing.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have a Daiwa rubber net, not convinced that its the answer though. It does seem that slime clings to the rubber in rather horrifying quantities. I also have a cheapo 'boat net' from an unknown maker but sometimes seen in shops catering for sea-anglers, seems completely snag proof, corrosion proof and less than 25 quid.

I have a Daiwa rubber net, not convinced that its the answer though. It does seem that slime clings to the rubber in rather horrifying quantities.

Me too with the same result, however antiseptic washing must is easier and no yukkies absorbed into the material along with no knots to damage the fish.

I was also a little disappointed that the rubber stops in the telescopic pop out when the pole is pushed back in and the end stop rolls down the bank and into the water.

Still a good net and pole. It dries quick to put in the bag or car hence also less lingering bad stuff. Rinsing at home in a bucket rids the coating elft on the net from carp etc.

A more feasible answer is barb crushing which stops barbs catching material making lure disentanglement lots lots easier!

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better!

Barbless trebles if it just about the tangling issue , the lures just drop out the net no problem. I used to crush the barbs down but i now take the whole barb off with a small grinder i.e. a dremil much better point on the hook and you get better unhooking anyway.