A question for all you fish keepers

Peter Sharpe

When I was at work today, somebody on another magazine asked me if I knew what a sweetwater aquarium was. I had never come across the term before and a Google search was particularly unhelpful, mainly bringing up references to some old rock band. After a considerable time searching, even though I saw the term used a few times I am still none the wiser. Has anybody heard of this before? Are there really fish that thrive in a sugar solution?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I think it's just a term meaning fresh water, to be honest.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks Si, but that raises more questions than it has answered.

"Plants are leaving beans that have needs and should be respected".

I also now need to find out where I can get some send for the sendy river fishes :D

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Hi Peter,

Never heard of a "sweetwater" aquarium technique as such but certain marine reef "supplements" are alleged to be little more than sugars :D

Sweet seems a popular word, at least as translated, for far eastern aquarium gear now; we have a "Sweetmatch" aquarium at work atm, and im sure i've seen a "sweetwater " tank too. The Chinese to English translators seem to struggle a bit. We currently sell a nanoreef that seems a really well thought out bit of kit, but the packaging tells you that, among other things, it will "Beautify you Family" :D

Would be interested to hear what you find out.

Cheers,

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Cracked it :D

The symbolism of sweet water in Agustina Bessa Luis’s literary work ‘The Mother of a River’

Agustina Bessa Luis' work "The Mother of a River" stages a mixture, sometimes intangible, of sharp human feelings and the progressive constitution, text-wise, of a magic scenario of good and evil, from where it springs, in the true meaning of the word, the origin of all living things: water. In this sense, it is a work which allows for the study of the relationship of strong dependence that exists between a humanity distracted and immersed in everyday reasons and a natural reality, well localised but only perceptible to the initiate, where nobler fates are decided, but also the more tragic ones. The text allows for the tackling of the idea of the feminine, so often conferred to the symbolism of earth and water. It allows for reflection on time, on human life and on the natural cycles (a river's mother lived for over 1,000 years) as well as on the vital wisdom each one of them possesses. More than a text emphasising the first degree relationship between a place and its inhabitants, this work reflects the relationship that ultimately ties the precarious human fate to its natural and symbolic conditions of survival.

Edited by Peter Sharpe