Any Firefox experts please?

Chris Goddard

Just loaded 2.0.0.7 and yet agin the ruddy thing has hit the skids!! Lost ALL my extensions, Google bar and Dictionaries!! Tried to download a NEW setup and was going to add to a NEW directory but it will only install in the parent directory?? Posted a question on the board but if owt like last time...........

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Just loaded 2.0.0.7 and yet agin the ruddy thing has hit the skids!! Lost ALL my extensions, Google bar and Dictionaries!! Tried to download a NEW setup and was going to add to a NEW directory but it will only install in the parent directory?? Posted a question on the board but if owt like last time...........

Tools >> add ons >> find updates

Not all add ons work with new versions or are playing catch up

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better!

Thanks!! Just on with one of the MODS on the forums!! But I looked for the Mozilla file and seems I have TWo?!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

THINK I have sussed it!! The OLD versions of the ADD-Ons will NOT work with the NEW version of FF?? So HOW can I download an oLD version??

Chris Goddard

Now I HAVE sussed it out!! If anyone gets this it is a PROFILE problem and people are falling like flies it would seem??

Anyway basically download MOZ backup and install. THEN use it to back up profile.

Next uninstall FF and re-install. Then go to "Change Profile" on the Mozilla help and follow instruction to change profile. Add new profile but change name from default!! then go back into FF and all SHOULD be ok.

Chris Goddard